X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    So Dave, I dunno what's up w/ messaging here but it isn't working. I had to get around back to those valve covers, finally did, sent them off today which because you wisely live as far from Gov Newsom (remember that name, he'll be in your state campaigning some day) as possible will reach you in a week. I don't need nor want any covers back, I literally have a pile of various valve covers (I hoard stuff) which will all go to scrap someday. Got any license plates? I hoard those also but they are more desirable here.
    So it just sunk into my thick cast iron noggin, that this shipment probably has your return address??? So when it gets here, I'll package up that Michigan centennial plate and send it to the return address! BTW it's the centennial of the automobile in Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    So Dave, I dunno what's up w/ messaging here but it isn't working. I had to get around back to those valve covers, finally did, sent them off today which because you wisely live as far from Gov Newsom (remember that name, he'll be in your state campaigning some day) as possible will reach you in a week. I don't need nor want any covers back, I literally have a pile of various valve covers (I hoard stuff) which will all go to scrap someday. Got any license plates? I hoard those also but they are more desirable here.
    They continue to have issues with VBullitin but there aren't enough of us on here (the Forums) for Chad and Brian to spend to get a new system. Seems that most of this kind of exchange has moved to social media. The tech guys in Texas keep trying to revive our system but, again, limited resources. So sometimes there's a patch that works for a while (this morning, for example, it isn't signing me off - yesterday was a different story) and we're kind of stuck with it. I haven't tried messaging in a while so I can't speak to that but I'd guess it's the same deal.

Leave a comment:

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Only one, a Michigan centennial plate from my Mini, I think... when the messaging is working again let me know where to send it. It's not old, mid 1990s, but like new. It's just collecting dust, so it's good to go...

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
    Do you all remember what the feeling was like 2 days before Christmas, waiting, waiting, waiting for the big event, the full monty, the anxiety? And then the night before Christmas, when you went to dinner with the whole famn damily and there they were, the packages, some big, some small, all brightly wrapped up and labeled, some with your name? And then it was time to go to bed, but who could sleep, what with the sugar high from all of the Christmas cookies and pastries, those special things one aunt always made, drizzled with honey, then sprinkled with confectioners sugar. And the eggnog, but not the adult version with the adult libation added. And you just knew that the hours would just crawl on and on until you just went crazy.

Well, I'm waiting for the big shipment of stuff from Speedway to arrive. It was in the regional depot this am at 4:45, scheduled for delivery today. FedEx hasn't arrived yet! And I'm getting those same feelings! Yeah, the drugs have kept me from doing anything, so waiting for parts is the highlight of my day...

again! The FedEx guy delivered, and dropped off the 2 boxes in front of the garage. And it's snowing here right now, so the boxes are wet!

Good thing I went out to check on the mail thru the garage...
    HO! HO! HO! Merry Parts Delivery!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Do you all remember what the feeling was like 2 days before Christmas, waiting, waiting, waiting for the big event, the full monty, the anxiety? And then the night before Christmas, when you went to dinner with the whole famn damily and there they were, the packages, some big, some small, all brightly wrapped up and labeled, some with your name? And then it was time to go to bed, but who could sleep, what with the sugar high from all of the Christmas cookies and pastries, those special things one aunt always made, drizzled with honey, then sprinkled with confectioners sugar. And the eggnog, but not the adult version with the adult libation added. And you just knew that the hours would just crawl on and on until you just went crazy.

Well, I'm waiting for the big shipment of stuff from Speedway to arrive. It was in the regional depot this am at 4:45, scheduled for delivery today. FedEx hasn't arrived yet! And I'm getting those same feelings! Yeah, the drugs have kept me from doing anything, so waiting for parts is the highlight of my day...

again! The FedEx guy delivered, and dropped off the 2 boxes in front of the garage. And it's snowing here right now, so the boxes are wet!

Good thing I went out to check on the mail thru the garage...
    Last edited by dave.g.in.gansevoort; November 13, 2023, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Can I have a "To Go Box" of those Drugs you are taking? From your Slurred Text......These look Pretty Good

Leave a comment:

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Sorry that plagues you. I've been pretty lucky in that department. Other systems, not so much.......
    Well everyone has their own bear to bridge... or something like that. Like you always said, Dan, mixed metamoles. And we'll burn that bear when we cross the bridge... And a bird in the bar, means we're in England. Should I stop now???

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

I live in that nation, the Imagi-nation! Wasn't that something from Sesame Street? And yes the back is still uncooperative and the drugs are not gone yet!
    Sorry that plagues you. I've been pretty lucky in that department. Other systems, not so much.......

Leave a comment:

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post
    "If You Live Within YOUR Means......
    You Suffer a SERIOUS Lack of Imagination!"
    I live in that nation, the Imagi-nation! Wasn't that something from Sesame Street? And yes the back is still uncooperative and the drugs are not gone yet!

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    "If You Live Within YOUR Means......
    You Suffer a SERIOUS Lack of Imagination!"
    Last edited by Captain; November 10, 2023, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Your back will go out again when you get that credit card bill out of the mail box
    Nope! It's set up on auto pay. And the pension funds get to the account before the card payment date. I only take a look at the accounts to make sure that it's not getting hacked. So far so good

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Your back will go out again when you get that credit card bill out of the mail box

Leave a comment:

• dave.g.in.gansevoort
    replied
    Wow! 10 minutes on the phone with Speedway and the credit card took a beating! Only item not for the garage is a seatbelt. It'll be part of a gait belt.

The rest is things like exhaust pipe bends, and kingpins, and tie rod ends. Oh, and a new old Ford steering column hub. So once the back is cooperating again I'll have parts to move forward with...

Of course I also have to get the new to me lathe up and running.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Get better quick! Hugs to Maggie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X