No announcement yet.

The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the garage again. Out where a wrench is your friend. Where you can scream loud when you slip, and throw a hissy fit... (to the tune "Back in the saddle again").

Got the seats this week and test fit them. I'd post a picture but I'm getting an error code of some sort. Oh well, use your imagination, you've all seen bomber seats after all!

Also was able to determine that the new seats need to be 3 inches higher. I was also able to establish the steering column angle and length. Made a mounting bracket for the intermediate shaft support bearing, so only need to make a cowl support structure to hold the mast jacket upper end. That requires some 1 inch tubing, I'll ge it next week and bend something up.

So no pictures, as they all exceed 2.0 mb, which is a limit for some reason. Never had problems before, so I dunno!

Comment

• If you can host them on a real computer, run them thru whatever photo program you have and trim the file size. Maggie can help you, no doubt!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        ... Maggie can help you, no doubt! ...
        Can he be helped?

Comment

• I'm beyond help! Too many years playing an engineer at work! And I think I've already exponded on my beliefs on electricty and the square root of -1.

What I don't understand is that I am using the same 15 year old digital camera that has been used for all of the other pictures to date. And thesame6 or so year old tablet. And the same box in our house since I started on this journey into the digital world. So what has changed? I've looked at the size of previous pictures, they take up the same amount of thingies (that's a technical term, for something I don't have a really good handle on...). Has there been a recent "upgrade" to bangshift's servers?

I'll try again later today, right now I'm going outside to remove snow! The driveway just got clear of all the ice from the last time I didn't do it (when I dropped heavy crap on my left foot... DUMBASS right?).

So later dudes!

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Can he be helped?
            Nope. Lord knows I've tried.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
              What I don't understand is that I am using the same 15 year old digital camera that has been used for all of the other pictures to date. And thesame6 or so year old tablet. And the same box in our house since I started on this journey into the digital world. So what has changed? I've looked at the size of previous pictures, they take up the same amount of thingies (that's a technical term, for something I don't have a really good handle on...). Has there been a recent "upgrade" to bangshift's servers?
              I've had the same thing happen and the cause remains a mystery. Something to do with alternate universes and the Grand Unified Theory, I think......

Dan

Comment

• Same Here, for the last month or so, pix would not go thru.
                I have to use the "Photo Edit" on my gallery.
                just trim them, any amount and they will go thru.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                  Same Here, for the last month or so, pix would not go thru.
                  I have to use the "Photo Edit" on my gallery.
                  just trim them, any amount and they will go thru.
                  Nope, didn't work. Probably me, but editing on my 6 to 8 year old android tablet is harder than 2 week old dog... and it didn't help at all. So I guess I'll wait until someone makes some changes again...

Comment

• I'm right there with you guys on the pictures. Some I just crop and some I resize.

Comment

• I didn't get a memo, but that doesn't mean something didn't get changed.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	mona lisa.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1314565

Hmm. This was uploaded from my "desktop", where I put all photos including ones I take first, usually re-sized to 800-1.000 -thingies- from the 2.500 or so where my 2008 camera makes them...maybe the photo-editing program makes it more digestible for the BS server or something. ??? I don't know, either.

I've started using the smart phone sometimes now and it's more of a pain but I still always re-size on the regular computer.

Comment

• My process is to take the pic on my iPhone, download to my own Email then from there to my desktop. (Disclaimer - there's probably an easier way but I don't know it). Then upload from desktop to BS which is easy. I don't know if they get resized in that process but all the ones I've done that way fit OK.

Dan

Comment

• well I give up. I'm not that into messing with digital dross to download stuff. It's not that important to me to continue this posting. So if something changes back to the way it was a few weeks ago, I'll be back. otherwise you'll have to go over to that ither site to keep up with any progress, unless of course they change something also...

I don't like wasting time trying to manipulate electronic stuff, as Maggie can tell you. Bye for now...

Comment

• Not happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                                Not happy.
                                Not the issue. Just don't understand why the change. 26 pages with lots of pictures. Finally have something new after a few weeks of nothing, something is different. I'm not into electronic stuff to begin with, and manipulating photos in digital formats is something I don't want to do just to post here. So I guess there will beno more photos, unless something changes again.

I'mnot holding my breath...

Comment

Working...
                                X