No announcement yet.

The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're using two different websites for the same project you can use the other one as a host then copy and paste here

Comment

• Know the feeling........
      Keep in touch, even thru PM's

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Not the issue. Just don't understand why the change. 26 pages with lots of pictures. Finally have something new after a few weeks of nothing, something is different. I'm not into electronic stuff to begin with, and manipulating photos in digital formats is something I don't want to do just to post here. So I guess there will beno more photos, unless something changes again.

I'mnot holding my breath...
        I know where you're coming from. The deal is that BS is on a platform (vBulletin) that they don't have much control over and sometimes the platform makes changes "in the dark". And sometimes it does change back - nobody knows why. Again, wish we lived closer as this is an issue this old technician could probably sort out for you. Folks - it takes 3-4 techs to keep 1 engineer on track.

In the meantime - take a look at your camera. If it has a setting for picture clarity (not sure the name of that feature but some cameras allow an adjustment for clarity which is essentially an adjustment of pixel count) you could opt for less clarity. My Canon had that and you could change it without meaning to.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; February 21, 2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
          Know the feeling........
          Keep in touch, even thru PM's
          That I can do...

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I know where you're coming from. The deal is that BS is on a platform (vBulletin) that they don't have much control over and sometimes the platform makes changes "in the dark". And sometimes it does change back - nobody knows why. Again, wish we lived closer as this is an issue this old technician could probably sort out for you. Folks - it takes 3-4 techs to keep 1 engineer on track.

In the meantime - take a look at your camera. If it has a setting for picture clarity (not sure the name of that feature but some cameras allow an adjustment for clarity which is essentially an adjustment of pixel count) you could opt for less clarity. My Canon had that and you could change it without meaning to.

Dan
            I don't know Dan. I think your count is off. As you remember, there was M&M, Jim M, Joe, you, Jim S, Lenny, Tim D., Ezell, and that's just the tech experts that had to try to keep me on track.. Then you count the new engineers we mentored that tried, and a few others, well, as you know I'm beyond hope...

I suppose I could email pictures to one of you guys and let you post them.

Comment

I don't know Dan. I think your count is off. As you remember, there was M&M, Jim M, Joe, you, Jim S, Lenny, Tim D., Ezell, and that's just the tech experts that had to try to keep me on track.. Then you count the new engineers we mentored that tried, and a few others, well, as you know I'm beyond hope...

I suppose I could email pictures to one of you guys and let you post them.
              Remember MM was an engineer, too, though he played with electrons.

As far as posting pics - send 'em my way and I'll see what magic I can perform.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Remember MM was an engineer, too, though he played with electrons.

As far as posting pics - send 'em my way and I'll see what magic I can perform.

Dan
                M&M not MM! Remember??? Mathhews and Murphy, plain and peanuts!

So Dan as usual was correct about one thing. The camera an 18 year old Nikon Coolpix S10, has the ability to choose lower resolution, altho I never used it. All previous pictures are the maximum resolution setting, which explains why I've used up a lot of memory micro-whatever cards over the years... I guess it pays to read the instructions!

So I ran out to the garage and took 3 pictures at the lowest resolution to see if that will allow me to continue posting pictures. Here goes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1310.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	1314637Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1311.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1314638Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1312.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	1314639 Interesting that they look the same to me. So problem solved. Thanks Dan.

You know, over the years he's saved me from myself so many times!

1st picture: pedals and steering column fit ok.
                2nd picture: 2 shiny new seats, a little low(3 inches) so risers under the seat framework are in the works.
                3rd picture: support bracket and special heim joint to support the steering shaftback end.

Rant over, not as upset anymore. So now pictures will be lower resolution for both sites. I can live with it...

Besides, who cares?

Comment

• Pics look great! Glad that was a worthwhile suggestion (I can feel my head swelling up but maybe that's where I clonked it into the hoist arms).

It's a bit cozy inside but I bet it'll work. Almost as small as a Mini.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; February 21, 2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Don't Raise The Bridge.....Lower The River !!
                    Go on My Guaranteed Weight Loss Diet....
                    Jello & Exlax for 2-3 weeks, you will fit in the Suit you got Married In !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                      Don't Raise The Bridge.....Lower The River !!
                      Go on My Guaranteed Weight Loss Diet....
                      Jello & Exlax for 2-3 weeks, you will fit in the Suit you got Married In !!
                      Not a chance! That was70 pounds ago... Besides it was a rented Tux.

More side to sideroom believeit or not. Well at least it feels like it. Probably because it's open to the sky. And no roll cage. The interesting thing about those seats, they are the same width at the bottom as the previous vintage Kirkey seatI was going to use. My bottom fits great. Not having much wrap around the chest I fit in them better at my chest. I didn't get Speedway's upholstery for them as I don't like the separate back and bottom cusion arrangement. When the time comes, they will go to an upholstery shop 2 towns over and get done similar to what the Kirkey seat has. Probably cost double the costof the seats!

Oh well, I can't takeit with me. Altho as Tom Harper would have said to Dan and me, "You're looking prosperous!".

Comment

• So how does everyone stay motivated when it's in the 20s, and there is a big showstorm being predicted? I'm sitting by the fire, the snowblower is ready, and I have nowhere to go tomorrow. 25 years ago, there'd be a glass of Jaimison's in my hand (I gave it all up 20 years ago at the cardiologist's suggestion...).

Of course the real question is, why have we turned into such wusses? Maggie and I lived in the midwest from 85 thru 98, and drove to Massachusetts and southern Vermont every Christmas. From 85 to 95 we used either our v6 Fiero, or Maggie's 5 liter 5 speed Mustang GT. Both really neat cars, just not so much fun in the snow. But we had no problems any trip, and were prepared to wait it out in the car if we had to.

And most of the ensuing years here in Gansevoort, we drove daily, week days, 50 miles one way to work. Only had a couple of times when the ride home was over 1.5 hours. That of course was made easier as we drove mostly 4wd, or awd vehicles, only had a fwd car for 2 winters, and it wasn't bad in the snow.

So anyway, Stormageddon 2022is supposedly coming. I'm ready...

Comment

• In Mi I had a kerosine jet heater for the garage and winter is when I things done. Out here in the desert there is no down time and believe it or not I kind of miss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post
                            In Mi I had a kerosine jet heater for the garage and winter is when I things done. Out here in the desert there is no down time and believe it or not I kind of miss it.
                            We had those in the machine shop I workedin back in the 70s. They were used when the normal heat was out. BIG suckers, left you smelling like a bad running diesel truck. My shop has heat, I'm just too cheap to turn it on for only an hour or two of garage time. Seems like there's always something going on, and that usually means the garage door has to get opened.

And there goes the heat

Comment

We had those in the machine shop I workedin back in the 70s. They were used when the normal heat was out. BIG suckers, left you smelling like a bad running diesel truck. My shop has heat, I'm just too cheap to turn it on for only an hour or two of garage time. Seems like there's always something going on, and that usually means the garage door has to get opened.

And there goes the heat
                              You just nailed one of the reasons I didn't like being a mechanic in Mi. The tire busters were in & out non stop with no jackets and you could just plan on being sick all winter.

Comment

• However I did do some puttering. Got a couple of tubes fishmouthed for new front crossmembers. So if I can find the motivation to heat the garage, I can tack them in, and maybe get that monster big ass front crossmember cut out. And getting prices () for new tubing for a lot more structure. Oh and checked with NYSDMV regarding someday getting this thing street legal. Not as scary as one could imagine. There is a custom built vehicle section, which I think this thing will qualify for. Now to just be sure I have the receipts. And it's a good thing I made the trailer wider and higher load capacity, as it needs to be weighed on a certified scale. And you can't drive it yet at that point.

Of course there's a bunch of parts that have been given to me over the years, or were mail ordered before states charged sales tax to out of staters, and cash on the barrel head deals, and swaps, and... That just means there might be an agreed value tax levied. NYS is great at making money.

Comment

Working...
                                X