The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
    $20.00 will get get me a case of Leines Long Necks.
    PM me your Address,
    and weather permitting, I will ship tomorrow or Saturday.
    (Calling for Freezing Rain)
    I will put a return envelope in the box for your "Donation"
    Sounds like a plan! I'll pm you in mere moments...

Comment

Sorry I didn't get these posted yesterday.
      I ran out of Day, went to a Retiree Get Together with some of the guys I worked with for 7 years.

I have 3 left.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20221208_151143~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	952.6 KB ID:	1329868

Here's the dimensions

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20221208_152156~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1329870
      Ooo! Christmas is coming! BTW Captain, I like the stress sign. For my family it's: Nome of my family suffers from mental illness. We all enjoy it very much...

And I talk to myself all of the time. It's the only time I'm talking with an expert...

Comment

• I put these "Quotes Up" and sooner or later they get trashed, as something new is Though Of.......
        actually I had a tee shirt made with this Quote, just for a Terminal Manager that was a Control Freak !!!
        He didn't like my "Big Lebowski" attitude.........
        Once I total him, after him riding me......
        "I guaranteed Immediate Service ! NO Matter How Long It Takes......"
        The two dispatchers in the office started laughing,
        He turned Bright Red and Stormed into his office.....

​​​​​

Comment

• Did he ever talk to you again? Never told a manager off while still working for them. Told one past manager where he could go. And told him that the the owner of the garage where it took place didn't want to see him again either. Long story, can't tell it short. Suffice it to say it felt really GOOD!

Comment

• Thought Dave would relate a different, EPA-based story.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Thought Dave would relate a different, EPA-based story.
              That's a story for another time. And I didn't tell the boss off there. I resigned! And in typical government efficiency, that boss was eventually shuffled sideways out of the way of progress...

And you wonder where the waste is in government!

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

That's a story for another time. And I didn't tell the boss off there. I resigned! And in typical government efficiency, that boss was eventually shuffled sideways out of the way of progress...

And you wonder where the waste is in government!
                No, I do NOT wonder that! However, it's important to point out that the worker bees do a great job in spite of the management.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

No, I do NOT wonder that! However, it's important to point out that the worker bees do a great job in spite of the management.
                  So true! Remember my theory of management, the "Gorilla Factor "? Our management proved it was true... Should have published the results. I could have published the results in the Journal of Irreproducible Results. And yes it really exists, if intended to be tongue in cheek.

Comment

• I worked for this company that things turned out GREAT.
                    The Plant Manager, actually he was a OK guy to work for.
                    He retired. And the company Never Replaced him.

And the company found out, that they were Making More Money now that "The Prisoners were Running the Prison" !!!
                    We took care almost all problems "In House" and nothing was ever relayed "across town"......
                    Last edited by Captain; December 13, 2022, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Finally finished fettling the x-y table onto the old Delta radial drill press. It's bolted down to the table and the screw jack is in place. First time I use it I'll have to figure out how to align it perfectly, as right now it's eyeball engineering aligned. Probably good enough for most of the stuff I intend to use it on.

And I hope those Leines long necks taste great! I'm thinking that one of the new handwheels is going on sometime in the future as well as making a different stand. Think big beefy hot rolled angle iron, as I would like to get the drill press up about a foot higher.. And there's a need for more hand room around the handwheel.

So while the x-y table mods are done, now there's about another week of fettling to be done... It's a sickness!

Comment

• Forgot the pictures
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1716.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	1330154 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1715.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	1330155
                        I know, big whup! But there's another part of the day's events to mention. Where this is positioned in the garage, I can just see out the back door of the garage. Here's what i saw:

Name:	DSCN1714.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	1330156
                        He's been here before. Later on I also saw the 2 smaller yearlings again. And you wonder why I get nothing done sometimes in the garage. Standing at the back door with camera and binoculars, just watching the wildlife. First home we've had with a back door opening up to wilderness, well woods at least.

Comment

• Today,
                          I needed Kerosene for my Parts Wash Tank.
                          So, Dave it was "One Stop Shopping" on the way back
                          To Cash the Postal Money Order and get that case of Leines Long Necks..........

Kippis !!

Name:	IMG_20221228_134619~2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1330697

Comment

Today,
                            I needed Kerosene for my Parts Wash Tank.
                            So, Dave it was "One Stop Shopping" on the way back
                            To Cash the Postal Money Order and get that case of Leines Long Necks..........

Kippis !!

Name:	IMG_20221228_134619~2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1330697
                            Now that's a convenience store! Only thing missing is a car parts store... well I guess the po can be considered a parts store. Lots of stuff gets to me thru the mail, anyway!

Now just remember, the kerosene is for the parts washer and the Leines is for the refrigerator...

Comment

• So here's an interesting tidbit of useless trivia concerning the Whatever project. Starting with New York, here's a list so far of the states that parts have come from that I've used on it.

NewYork
                              Massachusetts
                              Vermont
                              Pennsylvania
                              Kansas
                              Ohio
                              Michigan
                              Alaska
                              North Carolina
                              Wisconsin
                              Nebraska
                              California
                              Oregon
                              13 and counting. I got one of the harder states, Alaska, so Hawai'i shouldn't be that hard. This could be a real challenge, to get something on the car from all 50 states.

Comment

• I'm impressed !!
                                I figured it would be a list of Countries starting with China

Comment

Working...
                                X