The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Yes they used to call us the "Dizzy Ds" back in the A2 days...

It's called Benign Paroxymal Positional Vertigo, it's when the little crystal thingies in your inner ear get out of place. There's a physical therapy that gets it/them back in place. And you can learn to do it by yourself. It just takes a little time. I'm better today.
    You pay someone to hit you on the head?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• (Waving hands) I'll do it for free!!!!!

Dan

Comment

• Something tells me that both of you would like to be the person who takes their best shot at my head... I don't know if that's one of the prescribed therapies. Besides, I don't need a concussion on top of the vertigo.

There was that time with the lady tattoo artist, the statue of Venus and the pan of brownies, But I'm much better now...

Comment

Something tells me that both of you would like to be the person who takes their best shot at my head... I don't know if that's one of the prescribed therapies. Besides, I don't need a concussion on top of the vertigo.

There was that time with the lady tattoo artist, the statue of Venus and the pan of brownies, But I'm much better now...
          long ago, I had an ear ache (okay, lots more serious, but that's the nutshell). Happened while I was on vacation - when I got home, my mom took me to the doctor, in the visit she decided I needed to have a planter wart removed. To this day, 40 plus years later, I can still remember the doctors words just before he froze/burned it off.... "this will make you forget about your ear." Thanks doc, he was right... bastard. Anyway, if you get clocked hard enough, vertigo won't be a problem.... Dan, though, seems more excited to do it; so I'll leave it to him.

Comment

• Sadly for me, Dave knows I'm kidding.

Dan

Comment

• Yes, yes I do! We kid, because we care. But I'm much better now...

Comment

Yes, yes I do! We kid, because we care. But I'm much better now...
                do all the voices in your head agree?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

do all the voices in your head agree?
                  I know Dave. The answer is "sometimes".

Dan

Comment

Yes they used to call us the "Dizzy Ds" back in the A2 days...

It's called Benign Paroxymal Positional Vertigo, it's when the little crystal thingies in your inner ear get out of place. There's a physical therapy that gets it/them back in place. And you can learn to do it by yourself. It just takes a little time. I'm better today.
                    So That's what they are calling it these Days.......
                    We just called them.......Flashbacks !!! Breaking off a Too Big piece of Lace eh?

Comment

• What voices? All I hear in my head is music. Grateful Dead, MC 5, Beach Boys (on a good day), Rolling Stones (Sympathy for the devil...) Doors, Cream...

Oooo, now I have to go to YouTube and pull up Santana at Tanglewood. I was mostly there...

Comment

What voices? All I hear in my head is music. Grateful Dead, MC 5, Beach Boys (on a good day), Rolling Stones (Sympathy for the devil...) Doors, Cream...

Oooo, now I have to go to YouTube and pull up Santana at Tanglewood. I was mostly there...
                        There are many times when I believe this forum should be called "Distractions are Us"

I've found that by keeping the voices distracted, I can get stuff done. That said, my musical fixation now could be generally titled "foreign metal core bands" - which displaced "classical" which was just after "Twangy Country Music" (as the opposite of Country singer Rock Stars)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

There are many times when I believe this forum should be called "Distractions are Us"

I've found that by keeping the voices distracted, I can get stuff done. That said, my musical fixation now could be generally titled "foreign metal core bands" - which displaced "classical" which was just after "Twangy Country Music" (as the opposite of Country singer Rock Stars)
                          We've got both kinds, country and western

Comment

• And now back to the garage

Comment

• Did it! Got in the garage today for a bit. Got the steering box mounting bracket tacked in. Forgot I have to get the radiator in as well. Tomorrow I'll be cutting 3 tack welds and moving the bracket so the steering box clears the radiator. Oh and planning a new longer pitman arm to get the drag link in a better position relative to the tie rod, you know, parallel...

Side benefit; it will speed up the steering a bit. Instead of 4 or so turns lock to lock, it should end up around 3 turns lock to lock.

So progress is fleeting. It's like they say: sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

pictures tomorrow, camera is charging...
                              Last edited by dave.g.in.gansevoort; August 19, 2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• So a couple of weeks ago I mentioned going to the welding supply and ended up buying a new tig foot pedal and having the old one sent to their repair shop in Syracuse. Got the old one back today, fully rebuilt and with a new wire. It's much heavier than the original wire. And they tuned it up as well. I think that means they matched some internal framistans to the wambozies in the new heavier wire. New connector and all.

So considering that the original lasted 22 years, and I now have a brand new one and the rebuilt one, I don't think I will outlast the pair of them. Let's assume 15 years each, that puts me at 97 give or take a year, before the controls are both kaput. I'll be in a nursing home before that drooling all over myself.

No work on the Whatever project tomorrow, as it's routine take Maggie for an MRI day. Starts at a little before 8 am, and we probably won't get home until after 5 pm. So tonight all devices get charged so I have something to pass the time with...

Back in the garage Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                                X