No announcement yet.

The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer dude. Hope all turns out as well as the recliner.

Dan

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0F8C955E-653D-4EE5-B744-A01AD65E1E29.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1308834

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	0F8C955E-653D-4EE5-B744-A01AD65E1E29.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1308834
        Will this work the other way around? We got a cat...

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Nope. Time for a pooch (though I don't think little Andy has adequate mass to move my m-ass.

Dan

Comment

cats work?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

cats work?
              You must remember, Dan and I were formerly employed by government, and as such we have a different definition of the word work.

10 words that bring mixed emotions to most people: Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help...

Comment

• I got the aluminum diamond plate for the trailer back yesterday, and given that the oldest pieces are 25 years old, they look great. The parts that are only 5 or so years old were the most beat up, having been abused by 2 flathead blocks, a really heavy steel welding bench I built in the 70's, and an antique lawn roller rusty and ugly, they shined up great, including in the divits said junk beat into them.

So I want to give a shout out for the young lad (he's late 20s, so yeah young lad...), who did the job. Christian Alvord, AMPolishing. He does big rigs, things like Airstream trailers, and other stuff for a living. He's located in the northeast in the Saratoga Springs area, and he's set up to either do the work in his shop, or mobile. So if anyone in his general vicinity needs aluminum or stainless steel polishing give him a try.

His number is 518-879-7526.

Now I can finish the trailer and get back to the Whatever project

Comment

• FINALLY! 2 thirds painted! Just need to paint the underside of the trailer, attach the wiring harness, and pay the yearly insurance bill on it. Don't hate me too much, it's exactly 7 dollars for a year! And the registration is 14 a year! It's the cheapest thing I've ever had that needs those.

Now the Whatever project is starting again . I keep tinkering with little stuff. Still no pictures...

I'm in the process of a slight redesign of the front suspension. I need the room up front for a number of small things, nothing important, just a radiator, alternator, fan, a little more room for the steering to clear. 1, 1.5 inches more would be a good number. So the buggy spring and its big ugly mount as well as the current front 2.5 inch crossmember are likely to be gas axed! I'm planning to replace the rear coilovers with a set of Konis, freeing up the current rear ones for the front. Good thing I used the same shocks front and rear originally only difference being the coilover kits.

So this is not too bad, since the front shock mounts are more than sufficient to be used that way. I need to add a couple of 1.5 inch tube crossmembers before cutting out the current one. And add a panhard bar in front of the axle. Rebrace the nose support and badda boom, badda bing, big space wasting heavy outdated buggy spring is out, coilovers are in.

If you go back thru the Whatever project you'll see that it's business as usual. I've been making changes all along redoing the concept. See this is what happens when you get sidetracked by another project and have time to cogitate and ruminate over the main project.

Comment

• You have to insure a trailer? Is that the government helping you out? Yesterday, I had to remind a friend using just those words. I laughed, he laughed.

Comment

You have to insure a trailer? Is that the government helping you out? Yesterday, I had to remind a friend using just those words. I laughed, he laughed.
                      Not really. But it gives insurance for what's on the trailer. So replacement, liability (if something comes off and...well fill in the blanks), and some such other stuff. Oh and it covers your @$$ should someone else be using it, whether with your permission or not.

Comment

• And as I'm writing this the garage is heating up to t-shirt temperature so the underside can be painted today. Having it that warm yesterday made the Rustoleum dry fast!

Comment

Not really. But it gives insurance for what's on the trailer. So replacement, liability (if something comes off and...well fill in the blanks), and some such other stuff. Oh and it covers your @$$ should someone else be using it, whether with your permission or not.
                          the vehicle towing covers the vehicle towed (also why I have Ford hubcaps on my trailer, they tow so very well)... no need for another insurance

Comment

• Well probably not absolutely necessary but if you've ever been on the receiving end of a lawsuit because of an accident, 7 bucks for a lot of extra coverage and piece of mind, is worth it. The lawsuit was for $525,000.00 and for 2 years I didn't sleep much. Of course it settled for significantly less, $35,000.00, but still...

Comment

• Attorneys are Bookies,
                              They Don't CARE who Wins or Loses,
                              as long as they get paid, they will file a lawsuit against anybody or anything.....
                              ​​​​​​These are called Torts for a reason....

Comment

the vehicle towing covers the vehicle towed (also why I have Ford hubcaps on my trailer, they tow so very well)... no need for another insurance
                                I looked into trailering and insurance, derby cars, scrap hauls, etc. policy says trailers covered Still I make darn sure my loads do not go on walkabouts as I hate reloading

Comment

Working...
                                X