The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I looked into trailering and insurance, derby cars, scrap hauls, etc. policy says trailers covered Still I make darn sure my loads do not go on walkabouts as I hate reloading
    LOL ....
    Nothing like a Good Sign of "Shits Coming Loose" when you notice "Nobody is Passing you, and even Backing Off, behind You"........

The best were those Poly Liners they sold for pickups, First traffic light, or cornering onto the On Ramp, past Lowe's........
    Here's two guys looking at a Pallet load of Bricks and Busted Bags of Cement in the middle of the intersection !!

Comment

• So I got about half the wiring done on the trailer today. Is it me, or does everyone else have a hard time getting 2 hour jobs done in a day or two? I'm not old like Dan. He's old! How does he keep getting things done?

But I feel really good with the results so far. All bundled, joints sealed up, fastened to the rails. Tomorrow the left side, which should be easier as I know where I'm going now. I think that I redid the right side twice before I had an acceptable outcome.

AND I did get a little done on the Whatever project. A support for the bottom of the steering column. Being lazy, I picked up a 3/4 inch fine thread coupling nut to make a support for a 3/4 rod end for the bottom of the column. Now I could have made it on the lathe turning and tapping a section of 1 inch heavy wall tubing. But the coupling nut probably saved me a half a day or so making just the threaded part. So another small step...

I'm getting sick of small steps, I want to make a big one again! Oh well first the trailer, then finally back to making big bits.

Comment

• "Making Big Bits".....?
        has a sounds to it, like...."Failed Attemped, but can be Salvaged, or has a potential Life elsewhere, And is put in the Savable Iron bucket"

Must be a NEW Yorker term.....
        Last edited by Captain; November 16, 2021, 09:28 PM. Reason: Auto Correct

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
          "Making Big Bits".....?
          has a sounds to it, like...."Failed Attemped, but can be Salvaged, or has a potential Life elsewhere, And is put in the Savable Iron bucket"

Must be a NEW Yorker term.....
          Nah, im originally from Massachusetts, where we speak funny. 13 years in the Midwest helped, but you know what they say about it: you can take the boy out of New England but you can't take New England out of the boy. So mista, can i warsh your cah?

Oh well my end of Massachusetts doesn't really butcher the english language. With the exception of a few idiosyncrasies, like you pointed out...

Comment

• And I have to tell you, it's soda, not pop. He's the guy that raised me. And a sack is made of burlap, not paper!

Comment

• Here in Central Indiana, it's a coke , no matter what it is . For example:
              me - you wanna coke ?
              You - yeah , I'll have a Dr. Pepper .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• HA !
                My Dad was raised in Eastern Ohio,
                (My Grandfather's Ore Boat was reassigned to Ashtabula, Ohio from the U.P.)
                So, "Us Kids would interrupt his stories,
                Who We On ....Now, ...Tis Guy, These' Guys, or Thoise Guys, ....what Guys?"

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Nah, im originally from Massachusetts, where we speak funny. 13 years in the Midwest helped, but you know what they say about it: you can take the boy out of New England but you can't take New England out of the boy. So mista, can i warsh your cah?

Oh well my end of Massachusetts doesn't really butcher the english language. With the exception of a few idiosyncrasies, like you pointed out...
                  I watch a show on YouTube called Cole the Cornstar - they're farmers in central Iowa. The dad adds an R to wash - cracks me up every time.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Not a typical Iowan then... generally speaking, it's called pop around here, not soda... I piss 'em off by asking for a sody-pop
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Definitely pop. Soda has a scoop of ice cream in it. (Dave G and I have had this disagreement MANY times - neither of us budges).......

Dan

Comment

• Woo hoo! There's only 1 wire left, the most important trailer wire! The brake wire. And it only needs to make it into the junction box. A little tape and wire harness and bolt down the lasr 2 deck plates . So 4 days to do an afternoon task. I think I'm getting the hang of this retirement life .

So during the breaks from wiring, I figured out how to support the nose once I gas axe the buggy spring and its big ugly mount and the current front crossmember. I can't wait to start on it, but need to make sure it's still a roller until the trailer is out of the garage, just in case...

Comment

• The trailer is finished! It's outside waiting for snow now!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1287.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1309435Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1289.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	812.8 KB
ID:	1309436
                          So let's see, that's clean and reorganized the garage and shed, repaired a broken anvil and made a base for it and redid the trailer this year. And they say this retirement life is hard to navigate! Now I can get back to the Whatever project . Oh and the neighbor and I are going to make new runners for last year's sled project, and 2 reindeer! By Christmas!

Comment

• Nice,........
                            So, how long before one of your Neighbors, or Rusty Iron Junkie Friends asks to use it !!
                            \_(·.·)_/

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              Nice,........
                              So, how long before one of your Neighbors, or Rusty Iron Junkie Friends asks to use it !!
                              \_(·.·)_/
                              Good question. No answer... Of course it isn't registered so whomever would have to do that first. Hey I'm Scotts, and I'm thrifty.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Good question. No answer... Of course it isn't registered so whomever would have to do that first. Hey I'm Scotts, and I'm thrifty.
                                I'm still running my Michigan "forever" plate on mine. Never been stopped - and I do carry the MI registration if I ever am. "But officer, I thought "forever" meant always until the end of time." Plausible deniability......

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X