X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain View Post

Ya Know....Somes People,
    after you Say Hello,
    You Ain't going TOO SAY MUCH more till You Say Goodbye.......
    Hey anyone who knows me knows not to ask a simple question. I'll take the long way around the barn to get to the answer.

So here's today's little bit of progress in pictures:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1440.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	1319374 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1439.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	1319375 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1438.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	1319376 So I'll pass on words and let you all savor the textual silence...

Comment

• Ask an engineer what time it is and he'll tell you how to make a watch. Just how they roll.

Comment

• Love the "Dodge'm Cars" steering wheel pad !!

Comment

Love the "Dodge'm Cars" steering wheel pad !!
          I have the same pad on Mutt. They Velcro on and provide a neat, finished look easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I have the same pad on Mutt. They Velcro on and provide a neat, finished look easily.
            And besides I had it on the Mini so you know, reduce reuse recycle... just because I'm into hot rods doesn't mean I can't be environmentally inclined. Besides hot rodders are some of the earliest environmentalists. Reusing instead of buying new. We should start a movement, just like Arlo Guthrie did, back in the 60's.

You know, if one person sings a bar of Alice's Restaurant, it's just a whim ,but if many people do it, that's a movement.

Comment

• And an aside: who ever started this internet thing? I'm thinking that it might just catch on. A couple weeks ago I bought T10 parts from Alaska. This week it's F1 spindles from Pennsylvania. It could be big...

Comment

• Soon after writing the above, it was nap time to get over a migraine. Then looked thru old pictures cause that was all I was good for. So here's a couple that sort of explain the design influences on the Whatever project.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_0004.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	475.3 KB
ID:	1319449 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_0003.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	639.6 KB
ID:	1319450 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_0017_NEW.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	1319451 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_0010_NEW.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	1319452 The 1st picture is so long ago that I had hair! Lots of hair! The guy in the 2nd picture called me Hair, Teeth and Eyeballs in those days...

I have more pictures but you get the idea.

Comment

• Hair is overrated. Though I still have a bit of it. Jim's frames?

Comment

• Yes. It's the one he wrote a book about how to fabricate a modified frame. It's on the cover, that picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_0005.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	635.7 KB
ID:	1319480 This one changed the way the Sportsman class frames were made. It's the year before. Opening night, 1st time to race, and a winner... until a protest on weight. 37 pounds underweight. Long story, but suffice it to say a drain plug on the ballast tank stripped out, and someone saw it. Oops!

Comment

• For other BSers who don't know, Dave's buddy Jim was one Hell of a fabricator and designer. He was also the driver for the team. He built some frames for a project at EPA but that's another thread I've been kicking around in my head. Whaddya think, Dave - a Drippy Car thread? I don't have any pics but Dave might.
                      Last edited by DanStokes; May 25, 2022, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• You know I have a couple of pictures. I'll look for them and start the thread with a lead off of a picture or two of the engine and a couple of the people involved. Look for it later today or tomorrow...

Comment

• Oh and ill leave the initial story line to you... I'll try to be word thrifty

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                            You know I have a couple of pictures. I'll look for them and start the thread with a lead off of a picture or two of the engine and a couple of the people involved. Look for it later today or tomorrow...
                            OK - I'll kick it off. Look in "General"

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              Hair is overrated. Though I still have a bit of it. Jim's frames?
                              Just passed my DOT HazMat Recert Test to renew my CDL license.
                              Then all the other forms to fill out.....
                              The description info ......Hair Color?
                              I put "GONE".......

Comment

Just passed my DOT HazMat Recert Test to renew my CDL license.
                                Then all the other forms to fill out.....
                                The description info ......Hair Color?
                                I put "GONE".......
                                You know what they say: hair today, gone tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X