No announcement yet.

The "Whatever" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just don't over clutch it. Hydrologic clutch hopefully will not be to bad. You have gone this far I think you owe it to yourself to put the drive speed in.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Howe Racing was recommended for the hydraulic throwout bearing assembly. They recommended a 3/4-inch bore master, and around a 6:1 pedal ratio. That's what I built.

Dan may remember the -4 flex hose we used in the lab in A^2. It had a much heavier wall than the stuff typically used for brakeand clutch flex lines. It had a much higher burst pressure. The id was similar to-3 line typically used and a larger od. Crimped fittings only. Bottom line is that when used for hydraulic pressure lines, flex wa much less, so clutches and brakes worked so much better. I still have a bunch of it from buying it from the supplier for my Mini. Hopefully I can find the stash of end fittings and someone to crimp them on for me.

In our area, it should be Albany Valve, as they are the Swagelok supplier. Haven't checked yet... guess that's gotta get on the to do list!

Comment

• Took some time yesterday and finished a side project, getting a screw jack assembly on my old Delta radial drill press. Working good, but I'm going to make 1 modification to it. It needs a thrust bearing or bushing at the end of the acme screw where it lifts the table. Also modified the x-y positioning table I've had so that it nestles right up to the main column. Only thing left is to drill and tap 4 3/8-16 bolt holes to hold the table on x-y positioning table on the drill press table. That's tomorrow's task. And when done, gets another thing off of the workbench.

Then back to the garage and the whatever project

Comment

• FYI for anyone interested (probably no one...), here's a few pictures of the modified drill press. I still have to bolt it down and align it, but that'll wait for another day.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1712.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	1329718 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1709.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	1329719 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1711.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	1329720 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1710.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	1329721
          And now I have a precision positioning drill press. No it's not a substitute for a tiny milling machine. It's not rigid enough, nor will it hold an end mill correctly. But it will be nice to be able to drill holes in a pattern and be able to get them located in the right spots.

Comment

• clever
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• FYI......
              I have some "Keyed" machine crank wheels for the modest fee of Shipping and a donation to keep the Beer Fridge Stocked....

If interested, I will get dimensions, as they are buried in my swap meet sale totes, out in the Blue Barn.
              I believe I have 3 left

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                FYI......
                I have some "Keyed" machine crank wheels for the modest fee of Shipping and a donation to keep the Beer Fridge Stocked....

If interested, I will get dimensions, as they are buried in my swap meet sale totes, out in the Blue Barn.
                I believe I have 3 left
                Any idea what the overall diameters are? Of course I can only afford Red, White, and Blue these days . Like having sex in a canoe. Fornicating close to aqua pura

Comment

• Tomorrow I will get pix and info.
                  I have to clean out that parts bay anyways,
                  Just to get to the shelves!!

Comment

Tomorrow I will get pix and info.
                    Good deal! Thanks

Comment

Tomorrow I will get pix and info.
                      Any pictures yet? Just saying...

I know, cool yer jets!

Comment

• Sorry I didn't get these posted yesterday.
                        I ran out of Day, went to a Retiree Get Together with some of the guys I worked with for 7 years.

I have 3 left.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20221208_151143~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	952.6 KB ID:	1329868

Here's the dimensions

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20221208_152156~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1329870
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Captain; December 8, 2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Sorry I didn't get these posted yesterday.
                          I ran out of Day, went to a Retiree Get Together with some of the guys I worked with for 7 years.

I have 3 left.

Name:	IMG_20221208_151143~2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	952.6 KB
ID:	1329868

Here's the dimensions

Name:	IMG_20221208_152156~2.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1329870
                          Okay so I'm in! Let me know how much and let's clean out some of your stuff and add it to my stuff! I can use all 3... someday! (Back of hand to forehead...)

Comment

• The bore is 5/8" with a 1/8" keyway

Name:	IMG_20221208_151017~2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	847.3 KB
ID:	1329873

Please make a Reasonable offer to restock the beer fridge
                            and freight.
                            I don't want to Suffer Vapor Lock........
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

The bore is 5/8" with a 1/8" keyway

Name:	IMG_20221208_151017~2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	847.3 KB
ID:	1329873

Please make a Reasonable offer to restock the beer fridge
                              and freight.
                              I don't want to Suffer Vapor Lock........
                              ​​​​​​
                              Shipping plus $20??? At least you can get better than RW&B.

Comment

• $20.00 will get get me a case of Leines Long Necks.
                                PM me your Address,
                                and weather permitting, I will ship tomorrow or Saturday.
                                (Calling for Freezing Rain)
                                I will put a return envelope in the box for your "Donation"

Comment

Working...
                                X