No announcement yet.

Timber Cruiser 5 yr. Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday ran to Stevens Point for a needed supplies run. Surprisingly, got everything on the list.
    But had to look at every stop for ALL the items to get it done!!
    AND I HAD TO shop Wal-Mart......
    Needed some printer ink, (got the last one on shelf, and 60%+ of the slots were empty) also picked up some rattle can paint. (These shelves were 85% empty) getting 2 of the 4 I wanted..
    And knocked off some shop supplies in the Auto Dept.
    There were 2 ladies applying the price stickers in these isles, asking where a items was......she said buy it quickly,
    "Prices are Skyrocketing !! .... they're not going up by pennies, but by the DOLLAR !!"
    And under her breath, said IT Ain't Because I'm getting anymore PAY !!
    Then I get to the checkout.......ONLY ONE Check Out lane Open!! 25-30 shopping carts deep, and some of these people have Enough Groceries for a Small Army or a Group Home !!
    ​​​​​​I am forced to use the Self Check Out Lane, (only half are useable). I Normally refuse these lanes until I will get a Sizeable Discounts to do their employee's job for FREE !!!
    OH, Wait it gets Better !!
    Remember I had Spray Paint.....the auto register LOCKS UP, I'm prompted to "Seek a Sales Assistant to verify your "AGE" to purchase this item.......There isn't a Wal-Mart "Sales Assistant" anywhere to be SEEN !! (They ALL must be having a Ciggy Butt Break out on the Freight Dock...)
    Finally, some Mgr, in a Shiny Yellow vest sees the Auto Check Out Lane is backing up 10-12 deep to ME !!
    Taps in some Super Secret Launch Code, and the screen unlocks.....As She turns away, I Grab the Shiny Yellow Vest, and Say....NOT SO FAST.....You are Staying Right Here!, I have some Auto Supplies I'm sure are GOING TO LOCK THIS SCREEN UP AGAIN that I haven't scanned yet !!
    In a Wide Eyed stance, she stayed there, I finished my purchases, and told her,
    "Hope You Have Your Rubber Underwear ON!! This may be a Real Bad Day at work,
    look at EVERYONE BEHIND ME !!, have a nice day,.....
    Last edited by Captain; October 12, 2021, 07:26 AM. Reason: AUTO.CORRECT

Comment

It has to be a dire emergency to force me to shop at WalMart. I just won't. I hate their business practices and I'll wager Sam Walton is spinning in his grave (he seemed to have been a decent guy).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        It has to be a dire emergency to force me to shop at WalMart. I just won't. I hate their business practices and I'll wager Sam Walton is spinning in his grave (he seemed to have been a decent guy).

Dan
        I'm exactly the same, it's been literally decades since I've set foot in one.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Batteries are about the only thing I go to them for. The fact they are everywhere and open all hours means it's a safe fallback if I have trouble with a dead battery. Elsewise, no thanks.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
            Batteries are about the only thing I go to them for. The fact they are everywhere and open all hours means it's a safe fallback if I have trouble with a dead battery. Elsewise, no thanks.
            I had to get Mutt's battery from them which is the same as the battery from the 85 300SD that I got the engine from. The one from the M-B was in good shape so I ran it for years and built the battery box for it. Anyhow, WalMary was the only place in town that had it so there I was...... I felt dirty afterwards.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; October 17, 2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Worked on it some more.
              primered the outside of the front fenders, and cross support pieces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2504.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1307891

And started to fit the rear fender skin.
              Had to remove about six inches of the top metal as this is a universal body repair piece, for both the "Soft Top" and "Tin Top" models.

Name:	KIMG2503.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1307892

For the first fit, it is actually lining up well.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

The last few days have been great weather to work outside on the Timber Cruiser.
                painted the front clip parts and the doors Olive Drab.

Name:	KIMG2522.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1308131Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2521.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	810.1 KB
ID:	1308132

Tuesday got the fenders on. Hanging body parts by yourself is a little challenging !!!

Name:	KIMG2527.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	891.6 KB
ID:	1308133Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2528.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	870.3 KB
ID:	1308134

Comment

Yesterday, as previously reported, the top cross support, and the bottom "Chin" piece were a Challenge to get installed.
                  Miss Punched Holes, threaded holes correct on the left, not anywhere close on the right side. 3 hours of "Test Fitting", drilling, or enlarging holes, modifications and finally its done.

Name:	KIMG2530.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	923.8 KB
ID:	1308137Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2531.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	848.6 KB
ID:	1308138

I thought I would have been able to paint the hood, and touch up the assembly scars with Olive Drab, but sprinkles turn into rain, to squash these ideas.

Comment

Over the last several weeks, having to get the yard, buildings, and vehicles ready for winter, got back at fitting the rear fender skin.
                    The piece is nicely malleable, and some fitting hammer and dolly work was needed.
                    Just have two small adjustments, sand the glue surfaces down to bare steel, it should be "Go Time" to "Glue It On"

Name:	KIMG2634.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	759.3 KB
ID:	1309145

Comment

Glad my "Hurry to get this out of the shop mentality has passed" with Off Roading season pretty much done here now.
                      Finding other small rusty bad spots at body weld seams in the rear inner fenders
                      that need attention.
                      Going on 35 years old, and the last 18 - 20 Off Roading, and Exploring.
                      The "Timber Cruiser has been with me to Every Job since 2007" ;
                      The High Deserts of Nevada, To the Allegany's, To Old Coal Haul Roads in Pa, and WV.

Name:	955029-R1-21-22.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	905.0 KB
ID:	1309549

And time and abuse has taken it's toll.

BUT by Late Winter, it will be in Fresh Paint,
                      restocked for New Adventures, Hopefully "Jeep Blitz" will Happen Memorial Day weekend in Bushnell, Illinois in 2022 !

Comment

Nice work, Captain. Looks like it'll last another 10 years before needing a refresh.

Comment

I've always wanted a Sammy, I tried one on this weekend.... was like putting on skinny jeans.... not pretty, not pretty at all - I'm no FGZ but I'm substantial enough that even my '40 is feeling a bit snug.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I've always wanted a Sammy, I tried one on this weekend.... was like putting on skinny jeans.... not pretty, not pretty at all - I'm no FGZ but I'm substantial enough that even my '40 is feeling a bit snug.
                            I have Safely Notifications decals on the "Jump Seat Side" dashboard.

Name:	KIMG2640.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	724.3 KB
ID:	1309698
                            Yes Sammy's are a Little Tight !!!
                            You may have to Get Out Too Change Your Mind !!

Comment

It is Deer Hunting Week here and
                              Been dealing with a sinus headache since Saturday......progress is slow in the shop.

Finished the front floor pans

Name:	KIMG2639.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	712.7 KB
ID:	1309762

Rusty Metal Primered first.

Name:	KIMG2637.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	755.6 KB
ID:	1309763

Then Truck Bed Liner.

Name:	KIMG2641.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	700.6 KB
ID:	1309764

Name:	KIMG2644.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	747.5 KB
ID:	1309765
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Took the fender skin off to fit two spots, and sand down to steel at the bonding areas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2645.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	1309767

later today just one more test fit, won't need all the clamps, To check the two fit points and a final look over, as once the bonding adhesive is applied, ......NO DO OVERS !!
                                Last edited by Captain; November 24, 2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X