Timber Cruiser 5 yr. Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan,
    thank you for the pix and how yours are mounted. I did think about wrapping them
    around the cross bar, as I did look up the Manufacturer's installation instructions.
    But I drilled the bolt holes to keep "Apples to Apples" look between both sets.
    Also as You wrote, they are to be at a 20° downward angle to the Over the seat back.

I will keep your Offer on expired harness sets if I need some on a future projects.

Comment

I don't happen to have any right now but they DO come up from time to time.

Dan

Comment

Yesterday was a "BAD Hair Day" !!
        As this is a Off Road Exploring Rig, I use Rustoleum rattle can Flat paint for two of the 3 colors. The Olive Drab is a "Special Mix" I make to "Darken Up Duck Boat Paint"

This time I used the Rustoleum "Camouflage Colors". Flat Black and Earth Brown.
        Started with the Flat Black, then onto the Earth Brown. While painting the Brown, the Flat Black starts SAGGING, or Pooling up, and Then Fish Eyes show up !!! Even on the engine hood level areas.
        I stop the Brown, looking for the same to happen.......nothing, the Brown is perfect !!
        DAMMIT !!! I'm going to have to let this Black cure up for a Day or two to sand off, and get NEW paint !!!
        I tried a different rattle can of NON camouflage Flat Black in a different spot....Just fine.....
        must have had a BAD BATCH of this Camouflage Flat Black......

This afternoon, I will paint the Olive Drab, and deal with the Flat Black Wednesday or Thursday........

Comment

Thursday, shot the 3 color camo.
          The New Flat Black paint
          ​​​​​​worked perfectly.
          Here's a pix moving it out of the Yooper Paint Booth to the other stall to cure up for a couple of days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2701.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1312195

I need the Yooper Paint Booth to paint the front bumper and trim parts.

Name:	KIMG2702.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1312196 ​​​​​​

Today went to get my "Covid Booster Shot" and some more paint for the Trim Parts, and supplies.

Comment

BIG THINGS are Happening in the shop !!

Comment

Well, I will have to find out what's going on with my phone again !!!
              Won't upload pix.

Comment

Name:	Effect_20220116_082817.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1312467

BIG THINGS are Happening in the Shop !!

Working on the Timber Cruiser is coming along nicely, but slowly, as I have been improving some things that previous owner(s) and myself have done in the past.
                Reinstalled the front wiring harness into the New Front Clip and installed the head and side lights.

Name:	Effect_20220121_011031.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1312468
                Replaced the AM/FM/CD player, with just a New AM/FM Radio only. Off Roading Dust, Dirt, and Jarring Around, destroys the CD player, and the CD door was jammed.
                And replaced the speakers too.
                While having the stereo system panel out, changed the routing of the Master Disconnect Switch battery cables.

Name:	Effect_20220121_011750.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1,004.5 KB
ID:	1312469
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Relocated the rear speakers to the Openings where the seat belt retractors were now that we are going to 4 Point Harnesses.

Name:	Effect_20220121_012400.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	746.8 KB
ID:	1312471

Painted Flat Gray, Masked off the Grill lettering, and painted the Grill flat black again.

Name:	Effect_20220121_012714.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1312472

Then on the install, the New Front Clip was set up for a Newer Model, and some of the mounting holes were gone.....
                  a couple of brackets, drilled some new holes, and looks fine.

Name:	Effect_20220121_013125.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1312473

And you can see the previous photo the CB Radio and AM/FM antennas are mounted again.

Added a 2" receiver to the front Brush Bar as I ordered a New Winch. Now can pull from the Front or Rear. Will weld up a 2" receiver plate to put the winch on once it gets here.

Name:	Effect_20220121_013649.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	950.5 KB
ID:	1312474

Comment

The New Winch arrived a few days ago.
                    But it wasn't the one I had ordered
                    I ordered the Steel Wire Cable model as I am NOT really Sold on the Synthetic Winch Line.
                    Well guess what was shipped !!
                    The winch with Synthetic Winch Line.
                    Now I guess I shouldn't Bitch, This unit was a more expensive model, so either the order picker grabbed the wrong one, OR they UPGRADED It as they were out of the model I ordered.

Comment

​​The Owners Manual is a Classic Chinese to Mongolian to English translation issue, and covers 4 different models and their different Options.
                      So after reading several times, started in on the wiring.

Name:	Effect_20220126_071234.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1312807

This is where I put the Motor Control Module. And deciphered that you have to run both Positive and Negative Cables directly to the Battery and the Motor Cables like wise. You are NOT to use the vehicle's Frame Ground ! Something in the translation about the control module cuts the Battery Power when not in use ? I could understand the Motor Cables as this is a reversing motor for cable in and out.
                      And on the No Power while Not In Use...
                      you will notice My "Insecure Farmer" Modifications on the Positive Cable.
                      A Knife Switch, and a Circuit Breaker.

Name:	Effect_20220126_072931.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1312808 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Next was running the Tether control wiring.
                        Again Yooper Engineering comes into play,
                        from my NOS parts Saved Boxes, I ran a trailer 4 pin connector wiring and purposely used the trailer ends so some Chuckle Head (Me) won't try to use it for the wrong thing.

Comment

Yesterday, my body said it didn't feel like crawling around under the Timber Cruiser to route the 8 ga. Motor Cables for the rear Power Plug.

So now that the carpeting is back in, started with switching to the 4 point Harness seat belt mounts. Then the seats went in.

Next was the rear inner panels, so I could put the Roll Bar back in.

Name:	Effect_20220126_074829.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1312813Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20220126_074935.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	1312814

Getting the Roll Bar back in was a bit of a Challenge !! There are 8 bolts per side, and you have to wiggle, push, pull, pound, and Compound Cuss things in the Proper Order... And it's in.....

Name:	Effect_20220126_075503.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	655.2 KB
ID:	1312815

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                            The New Winch arrived a few days ago.
                            But it wasn't the one I had ordered
                            I ordered the Steel Wire Cable model as I am NOT really Sold on the Synthetic Winch Line.
                            Well guess what was shipped !!
                            The winch with Synthetic Winch Line.
                            Now I guess I shouldn't Bitch, This unit was a more expensive model, so either the order picker grabbed the wrong one, OR they UPGRADED It as they were out of the model I ordered.
                            Ah Winch! I thought you wrote wench. Took 2 read throughs to see I had misread the first sentence.

Comment

Now the shoulder belts can go in, and both the lap belts and shoulder belts lengths are adjusted for my "Beer Goiter". Getting the final loop thru the turn buckle is another little Challenge, but a needle nose pliers helps.
                              And NOT that I am going LSR racing in a Samurai.......just to Brag Tech Inspection Proud....look at the 4"+ tails on the straps

Name:	Effect_20220126_080436.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	794.3 KB
ID:	1312819

And here we are, finishing up the day with Safety First and Last.

Name:	Effect_20220126_080713.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	704.3 KB
ID:	1312820

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Ah Winch! I thought you wrote wench. Took 2 read throughs to see I had misread the first sentence.
                                wenches don't like being replaced
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X