Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JOES FURY (Carb install) Holy bejesus!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOES FURY (Carb install) Holy bejesus!!!

Got the carb in today, a marked improvement over that POS Edelbrock. The idle quality and throttle response are amazing. i took it for a low rpm run around the housing complex and it is just friggin amazing....now I need to iron out why the hell I cannot achieve WOT...I only get about 3/4 throttle when mashed. It is 109 outside and I aint messing with it anymore today...maybe this evening I wil ltweek on the cable and cable draw angles to see what I can get out of it....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: JOES FURY (Carb install) Holy bejesus!!!

vacuum secondaries , get some lighter springs for the diaphraghm - purple spring !!!!

Comment

See if you can relocate the cable connection on the carb lever closer to the pivot. If it's in Hole 1, move it to Hole 2. If it's already in Hole 2, you're screwed.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

It is in hole 2 right now and I have it set spot on....I had my boy move the peddle for me while I messed with settings and got it. It was a simple task but I was jaded from the friggin E-brock, damn POS carb, and I thought it was going to be equally as big of a PITA. This engine LOVES the additional fuel/air...

I put on the headers and exhaust and I thought..WOW, this is awesome, like someone pulled a cork out and freed up a bunch of power....Did not think it could get better...then I installed this carb....like another bottleneck was straightened out...

I have a few issues...I still am getting a pop thru the carb...it cant possibly be lean, The cam is not flat, I looked at all the lobes and they look as they should, thought maybe I would find a flat one or something...I assume its a spark/timing issue now. I thought
        the carb would sort that issue out...I only get it when I accelerate quickly, if I get into it slow it just pulls like a freight train....NO vacuum advance on the dizzy, its a dual point thats been converted with Pertronix goodies...

WHAT, popping thru the carb, beware the power valve you say...I know....thats why I anit gonna drive it till I figure out WTF....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

lean misfire - did you change the power valve ?

Comment

No, just what came in the kit....you really think its lean? I got 2 turns out on the air/fuel...maybe I will go another 1/2 and see what happens.....do you think its going lean on the quick acceleration

Comment

sounds like it is not getting enough accel pump shot only pops on init hard accel????????

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave
                sounds like it is not getting enough accel pump shot only pops on init hard accel????????

I tweeked the mixture and it stopped....but now I got a fuel geyser....see the tech thread....lol....some days I wonder why I do this to myself

Comment

that is the idle mixture
                  the fuel curve is via jetting

Comment

I used to love the Edelbrocks for how easy they were to tune and play with, but after swapping it out I'll never go back to it!

Since you did a rebuild, there might be some debris that got freed up keeping the inlet needle and seat from sealing. Also, did you check the float levels? If this needs tweaking, the other settings will need to get retweaked too.
                    Tampa, FL

Comment

I should've read the tech section 1st.
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        that is the idle mixture
                        the fuel curve is via jetting
                        Yeah...I know this now....spent hours reading Hollet tech articles last night...good times

Comment

Working...
                        X