Twin turbo Hombre/s-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin turbo Hombre/s-10

Thought i'd share a project i spent a bunch of time on last year. Its an old 96 or 97 isuzu hombre work/beater truck that blew up years ago. IDK why i saved it for years? Had a stroked SBC laying in the garage from my camaro. Had a freshly rebuilt WC-T5 laying around. Horse swapped a transmission for a 96 trans am rear. Stole the 3.42 posi out of it and popped it in the truck. Traded a riding lawnmower to a buddy for a set of 70mm, On3 turbos, intercooler, piping, oil lines, turbo blankets, air filters, and even a wideband. Cut the firewall out and shoved the motor back about 9-10" for better weight transfer. Made a removeable doghouse like you see in a van to cover it. Built a 700DP blow-thru carb. Its been a ton of custom fabrication, busted knuckles, and cussing, lol. And we bought a house and moved in the middle of building it. The carb needs tuned as its running rich. And my dumbazz thought this motor ran fine. It was smoking in my camaro, i put trans fluid in it thinking it had a stuck ring. It stopped smoking to the best of my memory, and doesnt smoke til it revs to 4,000rpm. So motor needs to come back out. I'll post up a bunch of pics and you guys can roast it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

pretty cool stuff.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Looks good!

Dan

Comment

I love S10 projects so yeah , I love this . I'm stalled on my 4th or 5th small blocked S10 . They've all been red and all but the last quite a while back so in my head they're kind of running together .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                        X