Cadillac ATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac ATS

2013 Cadillac ATS. Had it almost a year. Very fun to drive ride quality and noise suppression are not as good as my old town car. But it's a lot faster! I did not want this to be a project car. Right now I'm having trouble putting gas in it. The gas store occasionally does not open. I thought only Ford made bad designs. Anyone know what my intermediate gas store not opening problem would be?
    Attached Files
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

These systems usually have a safety release, maybe in the trunk. Doesn't solve it long-term but it'll bail you out at the gas station. Other than that I'm guessing it's just a solenoid, momentary switch, and some wires. You can check the switch and wires with a multimeter and if they're OK it has to be the solenoid which is probably available online. EDIT: Oh, and check the grounds! Automotive electrical gremlins are usually related to grounding.

Good Luck!

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; June 28, 2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

a dab of some type of lubricant that is compatible with the plastic, might help....the owners manual probably specifies something, and it probably has silicone in it
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

what Dan said.
        those things do go bad (the release latch)
        Otherwise, you might be able to inquire of the BCM to see if it detects a problem - because I'd bet you cannot open the door when the vehicle is in any gear beside park.... which means the faulty part may be that sensor....
        also, misalignment can cause an issue - if the door isn't correctly aligned, it can hang up and not open. It kind of looks like the door is hanging on the pin a bit (the wear).... which could mean the pin isn't in its correct orientation...
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 28, 2021, 07:16 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Additional information: To open the fuel door you push in on the fuel door and it is supposed to pop open. Then you just open it the rest of the way. There are no latches or buttons inside the car. I assume it's all mechanical and has no electronics, but I could be wrong. I looked in the trunk and could not find a manual release. (I have seen these on other cars). I removed the solenoid and lock bar on the fuel door for my mustang. I have a hatred for those things.

Car has no "park" it has a manual transmission.

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

then you suffer the same issue I have with my Colorado.... it's a door-alignment issue. I'd tell you how to align it but it hasn't gotten so bad that I'll do something about it.... maybe dielectric grease on the catch points?

*and yeah, mine is under warranty, but I don't trust the dealership to even get this right.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 28, 2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Wish the manufacturers would realize when it comes down to it all vehicles are an appliance. Overcomplicated widgets is just something else to add weight and break. A spring and a finger hole is all that is needed!

I have seen a few other GM cars that say the popper poops out and you can replaced. Mine is rounded most I have seen online are rectangles. I am sure it's twice as much just need to find the right one. Might be worth a try.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                Wish the manufacturers would realize when it comes down to it all vehicles are an appliance. Overcomplicated widgets is just something else to add weight and break. A spring and a finger hole is all that is needed!

I have seen a few other GM cars that say the popper poops out and you can replaced. Mine is rounded most I have seen online are rectangles. I am sure it's twice as much just need to find the right one. Might be worth a try.
                if I were replacing, it'd be replaced with a light spring popper and a magnet

Comment

Comment

ME's HHR has a similar system and it's working perfectly at 190K+ miles. So GM CAN make these work.......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      ME's HHR has a similar system and it's working perfectly at 190K+ miles. So GM CAN make these work.......

Dan
                      so you're saying that GM will do anything for the EPA, we knew that when they came up with the e-Hummer. But seriously, getting them to keep your gas door operational is making you a bit of a show-off

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                        There are a few burs maybe that what it is hanging up on. I can't explain how frustrating it is to try to put fuel in a car the &*$# door will not open. It's all plastic. I don't want to break it. I could hear it clicking but it would not release. The striker that goes in the hole how does it know when to release?

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

that goes in the hole how does it know when to release?
                          this is almighty hard to take seriously.

I still think you need lube.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

this is almighty hard to take seriously.

I still think you need lube.
                            I am not known for my proof reading skills!
                            Last edited by Russell; June 29, 2021, 04:38 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

I am not known for my proof reading skills!
                              but your comedy is spot on!

Comment

Working...
                              X