No announcement yet.

1969 c-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a couple of shop days in this week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210812_180218673.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	1303053

Name:	IMG_20210813_083233583.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	1303050

Name:	IMG_20210813_111124362.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	1303051

Name:	IMG_20210813_191141637.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1303052

I have these AWESOME Rat Rod items with cool patina...NO LOW BALLERS! I know what I've got.

Name:	IMG_20210813_110937967.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	1303054
    Attached Files
    A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

If you fill all those holes how is the water gonna get out??!!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        If you fill all those holes how is the water gonna get out??!!

Dan

With the cowl holes filled in, I'm hoping it stays out of the cab in the first place.....FWIW, I can say for certain that the cab corners allow plenty of drainage just in case.
        A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I spent today removing a BUNCH of rivets, and sandblasting. Too bad I ran out of media.

My wife said "I thought you weren't getting carried away this time"

To borrow a quote, "Let's face it, It's not the worst thing you've caught me doing"

Name:	IMG_20210906_105424765.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	1305823

Name:	IMG_20210906_105443999.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	570.4 KB
ID:	1305824

Name:	IMG_20210906_124156322.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	1305825

Name:	IMG_20210908_171229295.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	1305826
          A.K.A. Brian

Comment

That doesn't look like "carried away" to me.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              That doesn't look like "carried away" to me.

Dan
              Dan, I may or may not have mentioned the "shortening surgery".
              I most certainly didn't notice the extent of the rust when I bought it.
              She's not entirely wrong.
              My problem now is, I was expecting to sell this one and now witey is starting to like it a bit too much.
              Not really a bad problem to have
              A.K.A. Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=DirtyWhiteBoy;n1305822]I spent today removing a BUNCH of rivets, and sandblasting. Too bad I ran out of media.

To borrow a quote, "Let's face it, It's not the worst thing you've caught me doing !"

Ha..!

First this is "Rusty Iron Therapy", she knows Where You Are, Who You are Doing It With, And Can Watch the Chaos "LIVE"....or Not, as she can Hear it ALL in the House....
                AS She is Telling her Girlfriends about it.
                Or calling the divorce attorney.....LOL

Second, over coffee this morning......
                It is TOO LATE NOW, but I had a Idea that being in the Furniture and Sign Business, I would have kept the long box (too get lumber) cleaned out the mice nests, Tuned Up the Inline Six, swapped to a Overdrive 4 speed (the 3 speed was stuck in 2nd), Gave it the CLR Patina Treatment, Lettered the Doors for your Business........(or Have a Two Magnetic Door Signs, one We Buy USED Furniture, 2nd....We Sell Antiques!)
                And have a Fun Parts Runner......

Just me thinking...

Comment

[QUOTE=Captain;n1305840]
                  Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                  I spent today removing a BUNCH of rivets, and sandblasting. Too bad I ran out of media.

To borrow a quote, "Let's face it, It's not the worst thing you've caught me doing !"

Ha..!

First this is "Rusty Iron Therapy", she knows Where You Are, Who You are Doing It With, And Can Watch the Chaos "LIVE"....or Not, as she can Hear it ALL in the House....
                  AS She is Telling her Girlfriends about it.
                  Or calling the divorce attorney.....LOL

Second, over coffee this morning......
                  It is TOO LATE NOW, but I had a Idea that being in the Furniture and Sign Business, I would have kept the long box (too get lumber) cleaned out the mice nests, Tuned Up the Inline Six, swapped to a Overdrive 4 speed (the 3 speed was stuck in 2nd), Gave it the CLR Patina Treatment, Lettered the Doors for your Business........(or Have a Two Magnetic Door Signs, one We Buy USED Furniture, 2nd....We Sell Antiques!)
                  And have a Fun Parts Runner......

Just me thinking...
                  HaHa
                  I wanted to leave it survivor-ish looking, but the mixed bag of rattle can colors and primer is not a good look.
                  When I had to replace the drivers door, rockers, corners, etc. I felt it just wouldn't look right...... and I'm not going to mess with fake patina.
                  It's future is still undecided. It will get a matte silver interior paint, and the frame will be semi gloss black. That's it so far.
                  I have wanted a short PU since I was a kid. I consider this good practice on one I might not keep

PS my first car had a 250 ci I-6. I rebuilt it and everything. I hated it and secretly started collecting 327 parts within 6 months.
                  Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; September 9, 2021, 04:06 PM.
                  A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I've not had much progress here in the last few weeks. My wife finally got some time off from the hospital, and customer stuff you know how it goes.
                    I did make a run to Indiana hauling the Malibu wagon, and sold it at a car show/swap meet.
                    I enjoyed 5 days of swap meet/car show/junkyard goodness with my cousin from the Chicago burbs
                    Since I had an empty trailer I went to TN to pluck the ole hot rod truck from storage. It will be up after the c 10.
                    At least now I don't have to keep moving the wagon in and out every time I do some work.
                    All said and done it was1800 miles of adventure and I'm ready to do it again next year.

I did get the frame painted, all of the suspension parts are here, and my long backordered fuel tank has arrived

Name:	IMG_20210919_130601612.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	1307165

Long time girlfriend heading off to market
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210921_081455203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	522.0 KB ID:	1307155

Long neglected toy (and a few parts) loaded for VA.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210928_155053723.jpg Views:	0 Size:	462.6 KB ID:	1307156

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210928_155331921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.4 KB ID:	1307157
                    Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; October 4, 2021, 10:55 AM.
                    A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I remember that wagon build - my Lord you have a lot of time invested in the body and paint of that black beauty!!! I sure hope the new owner knows how lucky they are! and I hope you feel good about the price you were paid for it!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        I remember that wagon build - my Lord you have a lot of time invested in the body and paint of that black beauty!!! I sure hope the new owner knows how lucky they are! and I hope you feel good about the price you were paid for it!
                        I sold it to a young lady!. She was very excited, her father and bf/husband seemed more than able to help her look after it.
                        I didn't get my money back, but I gained a space in the shop and it got a good home.
                        A.K.A. Brian

Comment

It's not always easy - but sometimes you just have to let them go - when you're "done" with them.... things change, interests change, and sometimes when you've become bored with a project - it's better to let it go to someone who's in love with it - than keep it for someday and let it rot.

Comment

Excellent Rat Rod !!!
                            Most of the Hard Work looks done.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              It's not always easy - but sometimes you just have to let them go - when you're "done" with them.... things change, interests change, and sometimes when you've become bored with a project - it's better to let it go to someone who's in love with it - than keep it for someday and let it rot.

wise words my friend.
                              I kept it around longer than I should have. It wasn't built for ROI, I built it for a purpose, and then suddenly I didn't need it.
                              I could never justify sinking more into it to make it a proper toy...I mean, it's a 4 door G-Body!?!
                              I hauled it 500 miles to sell it at a car show/swap meet so someone who would appreciate it would be able to find it.
                              I'm thrilled the young lady (20ish) and her dad were so excited.
                              I gave them a break on the price on Friday afternoon even though I was pretty sure Saturday would bring asking price. It was drawing a decent amount of attention.

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              Excellent Rat Rod !!!
                              Most of the Hard Work looks done.
                              Thanks Captain
                              still plenty to be done and the engine/trans is still a question (I have had it started)
                              I'm up to my aaaas ---hips in this C10, but the parts pile is starting to get smaller.
                              Current plan is to stay focused on the C10 unless parts become, I should say remain an issue.
                              The 'ol Dodge is next

BTW modest progress on the C10

The exhaust holes are cut into the rear suspension crossmember, rear c-notches fitted and ready for final install, and OEM transmission crossmember completely removed.
                              At this point, I plan to use the 350 sbc and Super T10 that I brought back from TN last week for the initial assembly....Who knows after that.
                              Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; October 7, 2021, 11:35 AM.
                              A.K.A. Brian

Comment

this is going to be a cool truck.
                                I'm a practical truck guy to a fault - I'm not sure I could survive with a short box - but I suppose as long as 8ft lumber would fit with the gate down, I could get by.

Comment

Working...
                                X