Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    this is going to be a cool truck.
    I'm a practical truck guy to a fault - I'm not sure I could survive with a short box - but I suppose as long as 8ft lumber would fit with the gate down, I could get by.
    Thanks

My Ram has a 5'6" bed and it has hauled hundreds of board feet ( lumber of all types and species) with tailgate up
    I'll admit, anything longer than 10', I take the trailer.

I know what you mean tho, there's nothing like a real work truck.....this ain't gonna be it.
    I've wanted a classic sporty truck for decades. I found this one cheep enough and was the first one there.
    I will kind of stick with the theme from the wagon. Nothing crazy, just some modest upgrades and improvements.
    I've already done more than I intended, but isn't that how it always goes?!?! It's a sickness

A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

The fuel tank will be re-located into Pinto position.
      Due to my lack of self control, I have decided to order a new bed floor.
      I won't mount the tank until I confirm the locations of the braces and mounting holes.
      The lowering springs said the c-notch is not required, but the next guy might NEED air bags, so I added them now now.
      The pile is actually shrinking! YAY!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211005_111522057.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	1307473

Name:	IMG_20211008_103353208.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	1307474

Name:	IMG_20211008_105810933.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	1307475

Name:	IMG_20211008_144034525.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	1307476
      A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Another bite or two from the elephant.
        I've made 2 1000+ mile trips in the last 30 days so work on this toy has been limited.
        Since the scope of work has clearly changed, I have been debating myself about what needs to be done here...( never argue with an idiot! )
        I have gotten all of the wear parts in the front suspension and steering bolted on, including a quick ratio steering gear (a PS upgrade at the request of the wifey).
        I need to pick up some lug nuts so I can roll this heap outside and clean this mess up. The 5 lug disk conversion uses 1/2" lugs and the 6 lug drums were 7/16"
        I sure miss my lift, I'm getting tired of crawling around on the floor.
        I guess it's time for brake and fuel lines.

Name:	IMG_20211021_145946651.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	1308169

Name:	IMG_20211021_132020038.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	1308170

Name:	IMG_20211021_154528333.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	1308172
        Attached Files
        A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I'm starting to regain a bit of hope. Maybe one day it will be a truck again

A successful mock up with the bed after alterations relieved some stress.

This month will be dedicated to primarily to Christmas orders, but I do hope to get the bottom of the cab cleaned up, and the cab back on the frame.

Peace to my bangshift brothers and sisters!

Name:	IMG_20211024_101421122.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	1308916

Name:	IMG_20211029_105229635.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1308917

Name:	IMG_20211101_160136120.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	1308918

Name:	IMG_20211104_130546226.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1308919
          A.K.A. Brian

Comment

WOW, it's been over a month since I've fondled Big Booty Judy.

I hope to start working in some shop time in the next week or so.

I've been busy with sign orders. This order (of 2) Is my last one for the year. YAYYYYY!

Gotta go! The Shitter's full

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone!

Name:	IMG_20211211_114242494.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	1310531

Name:	IMG_20211211_114200449.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	1310532
            A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I wonder what Suzie thought of someone naming a body of water after her butt.... must have been remarkable
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                I wonder what Suzie thought of someone naming a body of water after her butt.... must have been remarkable

I can't speak for Suzie, however the lake is known for spectacular scenery of all types.

Before building a house in the area, we traveled there from IN to play in the pristine waters of DHL.
                The commercial marinas have not been kind to the lake over the last 25 years IMO, but it's still my favorite place.....
                A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

I can't speak for Suzie, however the lake is known for spectacular scenery of all types.

Before building a house in the area, we traveled there from IN to play in the pristine waters of DHL.
                  The commercial marinas have not been kind to the lake over the last 25 years IMO, but it's still my favorite place.....
                  I had to read that twice, so I figured I'd let others in on my twisted humor.

Comment

I had to read that twice, so I figured I'd let others in on my twisted humor.
                    I guessed that was the case.

Funny related story:

The guy who lasered those tags for me read the same thing. (I sent him the design and he cut them without really looking)

When we met for lunch and he handed me the tags and said "Suzie's butt, really?".

I had to pull them out of my pocket to double check then show him. I should have bet him lunch, because that is what he charged me LOL.

He had me going for a second because the time is getting short for delivery and he lives an hour north of me.

A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I guessed that was the case.

Funny related story:

The guy who lasered those tags for me read the same thing. (I sent him the design and he cut them without really looking)

When we met for lunch and he handed me the tags and said "Suzie's butt, really?".

I had to pull them out of my pocket to double check then show him. I should have bet him lunch, because that is what he charged me LOL.

He had me going for a second because the time is getting short for delivery and he lives an hour north of me.

I laugh at all the times I make some snide comment and the listener takes me seriously. It's a really good thing that I can't completely harness that power. E.g. I told my wife that the seat heaters I put in her Prius would hurt her mileage. Never realized she took me seriously until, months later, she proudly proclaims to me that it did not.... and I learned that my poker face has limits that day....

Comment

I laugh at all the times I make some snide comment and the listener takes me seriously. It's a really good thing that I can't completely harness that power. E.g. I told my wife that the seat heaters I put in her Prius would hurt her mileage. Never realized she took me seriously until, months later, she proudly proclaims to me that it did not.... and I learned that my poker face has limits that day....

It takes some of the fun out of being a smart ass when people think your just an ass!

I want credit for both!
                        A.K.A. Brian

Comment

This is the kind of crap that keeps me from finishing anything in a timely manner...... 2001 6.0 /4l80 w 85k mi.

Maybe it needs to go in a tow truck, maybe in this. I really don't need any more decisions

Oh, BTW SBG......he had a "twin turbo kit" for it too you have to draw a line somewhere

Name:	IMG_20211216_114801647.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	655.7 KB
ID:	1310747
                          Attached Files
                          A.K.A. Brian

Comment

This is the kind of crap that keeps me from finishing anything in a timely manner...... 2001 6.0 /4l80 w 85k mi.

Maybe it needs to go in a tow truck, maybe in this. I really don't need any more decisions

Oh, BTW SBG......he had a "twin turbo kit" for it too you have to draw a line somewhere

Name:	IMG_20211216_114801647.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	655.7 KB
ID:	1310747
                            you drew the wrong line.

Comment

Nice Score!
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                                Nice Score!
                                I hope so. I've been watching locally for a while.

Now that it's in the shop, I found a fracture around one of the trans mount bolts and its heavily rusted in several on the block.

I had to pull out the OSHA approved jack stands to make sure it didn't tip over when I drove out from under it.
                                The baby Deere is VERY sensitive to the hillside and the hoist wouldn't go high enough to clear the truck.
                                Once lowered it was far less sketchy.

Name:	IMG_20211216_151636423.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	1310756
                                A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X