X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain
    replied
    13 screws, eh?
    There's always Surprises left by the previous owner(s)
    Sometimes those Mickey Mouse repairs hold.

​​​

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    67-72 C10 is one of my favorites said the Ford guy who drives a Cadillac . There was a guy in high school who had a beautiful red 69 short bed. I wonder if he still has it. It had a 327 in it said it had a "knock" they built a 350 for it. When the pulled the 327 the flywheel was cracked.

Never saw him gas it. Always wondered how it ran.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post
    I'm watching what you are doing on this project.
    When we get the 66 F100 in my shop, and start the KD and clean up. For now it was not in the plans to remove the cab, just new floor pans and front cab supports. But you know, Sheet Changes once you get into a project....
    Yes it always changes once you get going. The deciding factor in pulling the cab, was to make it easier to shorten the frame. It just keeps snowballing

Prepping for the weekend, I rolled the cab onto its new wheels. No damage YAY!

I have done a fair bit of work in the cowl area. I was looking at possible leak points, including a troubling mass of old sealer around the wiper motor.

I had noticed, but ignored this until now, WTF?!? I don't know if I should laugh or be impressed. 13 screws holding this "patch" that looks like it was cut with a chisel.

Hidden "repair" under the wiper arms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211231_102039902.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	643.7 KB
ID:	1311469

The sealer is quite old. Easily removed with a puddy knife. 13 freakin' screws!?!

Name:	IMG_20211231_141927194.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	1311470

From under the dash. I can't believe i\I'm just now seeing this LOL

Name:	IMG_20211231_142000520.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	1311471

On the bright side the cart sits nice and flat and rolls around very easily.

Name:	IMG_20211231_102829207.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	1311472

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    I'm watching what you are doing on this project.
    When we get the 66 F100 in my shop, and start the KD and clean up. For now it was not in the plans to remove the cab, just new floor pans and front cab supports. But you know, Sheet Changes once you get into a project....

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Change order 1297.

I'm not putting the cab back on the frame just yet. I really want to because it's in my way!

While I had access, I built a dolly that bolts to the body mounts. At least all I had to buy was 2 wheels and 16 - 5/16" bolts.....well, and the argon refill.

The cab will live here a while as I get the firewall dressed out (and probably painted).

It will be nice not dancing around the frame or worrying about keeping it clean.

Name:	IMG_20211230_152305954.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	1311434

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
    DWB, looking good!

What's the run down on those tanks once again?
    I tried to look within this thread. Guys use them in Fords as well (I have an upcoming '51 F1 truck project)

The "cool" tanks are what years? Something like 86-96 G20 van? Or some year of Suburban?
    Looking for an EFI tank with likely baffles and sending unit, I'm aware of changing the pump for my needs.

Which one did you use?
    Thanks Teddyzee, This one is from LMC Trucks, I believe it's a standard tank for '67-72 Blazer-Suburban.
    It's nice and sturdy, only cost about $150, but has no baffles.
    When I ordered this tank, I intended to sell the truck last fall after just eliminating the rust.
    The tank and many other parts were on backorder, and I was too slow to make the show with this one.
    If end up with FI on this, I suppose I will use a baffled pickup and hope for the best.

I have not looked into EFI tanks much. I've always enjoyed the simplicity of a carb setup and never messed with EFI..
    I have a feeling in the near future, I will be taking a crash course.
    Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; December 30, 2021, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Teddyzee
    replied
    DWB, looking good!

What's the run down on those tanks once again?
    I tried to look within this thread. Guys use them in Fords as well (I have an upcoming '51 F1 truck project)

The "cool" tanks are what years? Something like 86-96 G20 van? Or some year of Suburban?
    Looking for an EFI tank with likely baffles and sending unit, I'm aware of changing the pump for my needs.

Which one did you use?

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Youre eating the elephant one bite at a time and pretty damned quickly!
    Thanks, but it's not feeling very fast right now. I didn't think I was going to do a full resto, but here we are.

I hoped to have the last two weeks of the year to dedicate to this truck.....NOPE. Oh well, a little progress is better than none.

EPOXY PRIMER/SEALER

Name:	IMG_20211226_180344414.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1311380

Final color, single stage urethane

Name:	IMG_20211229_152636522.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	1311381

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Youre eating the elephant one bite at a time and pretty damned quickly!

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    I got the bed floor clearanced for the new tank.

Name:	IMG_20211209_182952965.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1310808

Name:	IMG_20211209_130109245.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	1310810

Very possibly the WORST job in the shop......Cleaning 50+ years of yuck off of the bottom of a body.
    Right now I'm regretting being too lazy and cheap to build a rotisserie for this thing. I'm like Danny Glover.....Too old for this
    BTW, this kind of job is how I was dubbed DWB by my Dad's best friend, well before the Loverboy song.

I hope to make it to PRIME TIME for the bottom next week

Name:	IMG_20211217_154239099.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	1310809

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    Nice Score!
    I hope so. I've been watching locally for a while.

Now that it's in the shop, I found a fracture around one of the trans mount bolts and its heavily rusted in several on the block.

I had to pull out the OSHA approved jack stands to make sure it didn't tip over when I drove out from under it.
    The baby Deere is VERY sensitive to the hillside and the hoist wouldn't go high enough to clear the truck.
    Once lowered it was far less sketchy.

Name:	IMG_20211216_151636423.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	1310756

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Nice Score!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
    This is the kind of crap that keeps me from finishing anything in a timely manner...... 2001 6.0 /4l80 w 85k mi.

Maybe it needs to go in a tow truck, maybe in this. I really don't need any more decisions

Oh, BTW SBG......he had a "twin turbo kit" for it too you have to draw a line somewhere

Name:	IMG_20211216_114801647.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	655.7 KB
ID:	1310747
    you drew the wrong line.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    This is the kind of crap that keeps me from finishing anything in a timely manner...... 2001 6.0 /4l80 w 85k mi.

Maybe it needs to go in a tow truck, maybe in this. I really don't need any more decisions

Oh, BTW SBG......he had a "twin turbo kit" for it too you have to draw a line somewhere

Name:	IMG_20211216_114801647.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	655.7 KB
ID:	1310747
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I laugh at all the times I make some snide comment and the listener takes me seriously. It's a really good thing that I can't completely harness that power. E.g. I told my wife that the seat heaters I put in her Prius would hurt her mileage. Never realized she took me seriously until, months later, she proudly proclaims to me that it did not.... and I learned that my poker face has limits that day....

It takes some of the fun out of being a smart ass when people think your just an ass!

I want credit for both!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X