Ride along in JOES 66 FURY (video link)...carb road test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride along in JOES 66 FURY (video link)...carb road test

Took it out for a couple pulls to see how the carb was working...I drove it for a bit....checked for leaks and lose anything...then romped on it a bit...These are nothing special, and not very exciting...and oddly during these pulls you cannot hear the stumble it had at mid throttle (very slight) and it doenst want to idle for crap...Think the cam may be a little bigger than I originaly thought. Off idle and at low speed cruisng it stumbles jsut a little but when you open it up it really opens up...

the exhaust video was from last summer
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Ride along in JOES 66 FURY (video link)...carb road test

Joe, try re-posting that link...it just takes me to a mainpage with no sign of your video(s).

Comment

Try this one..the other link works for me...weird...lemme know if this one works

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Joe....

Works fine now.

What are your primary jet size/pump cam size?

Comment

I couldnt tell you, it is as it came from SGM, he sent me the carb and I rebuilt it and installed it...do you think I need to change them? If you need more video to get a good listen let me know....any input on dialing this thing in would help

Comment

First, what size pump nozzle is in it? There's a number on it. You'd want something like a 31. Second, make sure the pump arm is adjusted so it squirts fuel at the slightest movement of the throttle linkage. You don't want it loose because the throttle blades will be opening before the fuel starts into the engine.

The acc pump is just for the transition from idle circuit to the main jet circuit. Nothing else.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              First, what size pump nozzle is in it? There's a number on it. You'd want something like a 31. Second, make sure the pump arm is adjusted so it squirts fuel at the slightest movement of the throttle linkage. You don't want it loose because the throttle blades will be opening before the fuel starts into the engine.

The acc pump is just for the transition from idle circuit to the main jet circuit. Nothing else.
              well there you have it...it doesnt squirt untill i move the throttle quite a bit...I will play with this adjustment a little over the next day or so and let you know....

Comment

Take a close look at it and see what it's doing. Might be the cam is in the wrong place or something simple like that.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Doesnt sound to bad for a ragged out POS tho does it?

It sure is a HUGE difference than the old carb...

Comment

Joe,
                    You have some great test and tune road there! I wish I had something resembling that!

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                      Joe,
                      You have some great test and tune road there! I wish I had something resembling that!

Yeah..it is great for test and tune,....however due to the location of this particular road it is not advised to break the speed limit....or burn outs...and so on....I cannot disclose said location...but I would get my ass handed to me if I got caught doing naughty things on this road

Comment

Joe,
                        Are you sure Joe you don't live in a cartoon with a repeating background? That IS quite a straight stretch of road! Now I want to go out there with my Skylark and record a few runs like that :P Sounds good too.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                          Joe,
                          Are you sure Joe you don't live in a cartoon with a repeating background? That IS quite a straight stretch of road! Now I want to go out there with my Skylark and record a few runs like that :P Sounds good too.
                          there used to be a whole boat load of roads like that...now they are all backed up with traffic...This road is very nice and if it wasnt where it is and as heavily patrolled as it is..it would be an amazing streatch for some flat out runs....it runs for about 4 miles just like yous see it

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                            Doesnt sound to bad for a ragged out POS tho does it?

It sure is a HUGE difference than the old carb...
                            Sounds pretty darned good.

The pump cam on the linkage should be in the top hole. The screw should be in the #1 hole. If that's good, then loosen the screw on the pump arm to make the spring taller.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

it is like you said it should be...will tweek the screw a little at a time and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X