Casper the friendly Dart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casper the friendly Dart

I got a new car, for the upcoming LeMons Rally in California, first weekend in November. Runs good. slant 6/auto.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dart.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	1307778
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

The Leaning tower of power!!!!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Not shaped very "dart-ish" now is it? More brick-like.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

OMG is that my first car? I got first dibs after the rally!

Wait - it might cost more to ship it than it would sell for locally.

Booo from the GM guy who owns a Viper Truck haha.

It looks choice!
        Livin the dream

Comment

This car was built in LA, and stayed there for a while (there are several clues), then moved to Bisbee and stayed there a while.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

To be completely truthful - my version was in fact a 1967 Plymouth Valiant Signet 4-door, with a 273 and an automatic. I don't know what gears were in the rear, it was a one-wheel peel, and the 273 rattled so bad until I asked my dad if I could FINALLY try to adjust the valves - he was convinced it couldn't be anything but a hydraulic camshaft.

But - once the valves were adjusted it would ROAST that left rear wheel without mercy. Oh, and there was no tach...

Excellent find sir. Kermit green I am haha.
            Livin the dream

Comment

This one is supposed to have 2.76 rear gears, because it has the automatic. I think they did with the 273 also.

When i was young, our neighbor had a 67 Dart ragtop with the 4bbl 273 and 4 speed. Neat car, it was the fastest car I drove when I was 16
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Hope you like it 'cause it'll live forever! Those suckers were TOUGH! I'm sure you already know this but I'd suggest you screw an extra ballast resistor to the firewall.

BTW - I have the right ball joint sockets for those and I'll send them if you need them. They've been rolling around in the bottom of one of the tool boxes for years after a guy gave them to me.

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; October 15, 2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Never realized Mopars were friendly.... nice to see their other side ;)
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's just so cute....ok, it's just so homely....

I got new tires for it today, to replace the 8 year old flat spotted tires that still had the mold marks on the tread. Rides a lot smoother now. Working on adding the cruise control and stereo. I got the heater working, mostly-no defrost ducts yet, though. The plastic parts that sit in the dash get baked by the sun around here, and disintegrate, and the hoses crumble too.

I don't plan to fix anything that doesn't need fixing, but thanks for the offer Dan
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

I owned one of those for a bit in the 70s. That Slant 6 is bulletproof. You should do well with it!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        It's just so cute....ok, it's just so homely....

I got new tires for it today, to replace the 8 year old flat spotted tires that still had the mold marks on the tread. Rides a lot smoother now. Working on adding the cruise control and stereo. I got the heater working, mostly-no defrost ducts yet, though. The plastic parts that sit in the dash get baked by the sun around here, and disintegrate, and the hoses crumble too.

I don't plan to fix anything that doesn't need fixing, but thanks for the offer Dan
                        my cousin was given one by his dad for his first car. his dad was kind of a stinker and told him that when he killed the motor (not neglect) he'd buy him a Mustang. cousin had to buy his own Mustang and to the best of my knowledge, the Dart is still running 35 years later.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 15, 2021, 06:29 PM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

They do tend to last a long time

The mill

Click image for larger version

Name:	mill.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	431.9 KB
ID:	1307855
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Love that "Kermit the Frog" green rocker cover !!!
                            That has to Add 20 HP of "Koolness" !

Comment

Yeah...when I got the car, the cover was sitting there painted, but loose, on the engine, there were the bolts and a new gasket in the trunk. The carb that probably had been on it was also in the trunk, with a purple painted float bowl, and there were a few other carbs (two of which I combined into one that mostly works). There's some purple paint under the black on the air cleaner, too. I guess an artist owned it for a little while...there are lots of them in Bisbee....but wasn't able to put it back together again?
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X