No announcement yet.

More Fun With Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Pontiac Vibe and the Toyota Matrix shared a platform vs. the Aztec/Rondezvous weren't shared with anything more being a cut down minivan chassis.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Pretty sure your right .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

More "More Fun With Paint"

I've mentioned young Asa before on BS. Great kid and interested in car stuff. I gave him the old deck lid from the Stang and he's set about welding in and filling the luggage rack holes and otherwise getting it ready for paint. We even welded in the trunk lock as this will be his head board when done - a wall hanging. I've showed him the steps but this is virtually all his work.

So today we had nice weather and he shot primer (2 coats), sanded in between, and shot a base color (white) from some of odds and ends of paint left over from other projects. He's thinking about a design to paint which we'll tape out, shoot, clear coat, block & buff, then install it in his bedroom. Here's proof that a 13 year old can do a decent job with a spray gun! 'Tain't perfect but it'll be just fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Asa Paint.jpg Views:	0 Size:	729.8 KB ID:	1314117
        Last edited by DanStokes; February 12, 2022, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Unbelievable that you were allowed to post his pic online.

Comment

you know, that toolbox would be even more useful if you took it out of the box. not judgin' just sayin'
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That box has proven really useful!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                Unbelievable that you were allowed to post his pic online.
                I asked his Mom a while back and she's OK with me posting his pic. This one in particular you really can't tell what he looks like anyhow.

Dan

Comment

It's Kool helping Spread the Rusty Iron Junkie Hobby onto the Next Generation !!
                  And it's Great to Hear/Learn what English is Spoken now days !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X