• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: we got my buddy's nova fired up last night - video

you going to hudsons cruz tonite? take an ice chest ;D

Comment

Sorry we missed your post. Didn't make it to that Cruise, but Unless something comes up between now and the Rod Run......It won't be out much till then. Got my Hood in, need to fit it and change the power valve in the carb. It was down most of last week, while I upgraded the 5/16 fule line to 3/8 and installed my Ricks Stainless Tank. ;D

Comment

Let me know when all the hard work is done so I can come drink you beers. ;D

Comment

Gotta bump this back up so I can get 1Y to update. Maybe get one of the mods to move this to the project car section of the forum.

I haven't spent much time around 1Y's house lately and I'm not sure exacty what's up with the car. Since this thread was last active, the carb was replaced with a brand new Demon carb, a fiberglass cowl hood was fitted, the rear was built with 4.10's and posi and cal-tracs bars. He also got his Rick's stainless tank in and new fuel line run. Last I heard, 1Y was working on getting the brakes in better shape and is working toward getting new wheels. I'll give him a shout and see if we can give you guys an update on "Rusty But?". It's time for some better and more detailed pics. And a good burnout video. ;D

Comment

Re: my buddy's nova - Iron 1Y's project "Rusty But?" - Video

BTW, I changed the title of this thread. The old one didn't fit well any more.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay
              Maybe get one of the mods to move this to the project car section of the forum.
              All moved safe and sound for you Jay ... time to get an update from 1Y also !!
              ;D

Comment

Pics ans burnout video to come.....just as soon as I have someone around to video. I just got the car put back together with new richmond 3.73 gears and locker. Caltracs and split monoleafs and subframe connectors are on. I still need to fab the new upper shock mounts, but that is already in the woorks. Thinking of changing the exhaust to a 3" magnaflow kit, and hope Santa brings me $$$ so I Can order my new Weld Rodlite Wheels and M/T ET Street Radials. Does anyone have pics of the magnaflow exhaust that dumps behind the rears tires? I would like to see how its run before I build my shock mounts.

Comment

I am corrected. It was 3.73's instead of 4.10's. My bad.

Comment

Hers is a couple quick photos of the Magnaflow 3" Exhaust that I just finished installing on the car and a pic of the Rodlites and new tires.

More to come!

Comment

I haven't update this in a while and thought it was time. I just installed a MSD Ignition, Distributor, and Timing Control. Finally put the new manual quick Ratio Steering Box on, Rebuilt the entire front suspension with Energy Suspension Bushings, Moog Ball Joints & Tie Rod Ends, Moroso Trick Front Spings, Competition Engineering 3 Way Shocks,built rear upper shock mounts and installed RS9000 Adjustable Shocks, and rebuilt the door hinges, and had a buddy build me a fan shroud. Here are a couple of pics. Can you find the secret?

Comment

Can you find the secret?
                        I see the secret. But then, I already knew what it was. I can't believe nobody's noticed or spoke up yet. Somebody's gotta be sharp enough to spot it.

Hint-It's not the timing control in the ash tray. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay

Can you find the secret?
                          I see the secret. But then, I already knew what it was. I can't believe nobody's noticed or spoke up yet. Somebody's gotta be sharp enough to spot it.

Hint-It's not the timing control in the ash tray. ;)
                          Dang. Either nobody sees it, or just don't care about the cool factor of having stuff on your car that hasn't even been introduced yet. :o

Comment

Working...
                          X