Hesher's Used Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesher's Used Cars

Well, I spend way too much time reading this forum and not enough posting threads of my own. Anyway, it's high time I start a thread about the myriad of cars in and around my house.

First up, Country Born - the 1977 F150 4X4. Swapped in 429 (not Boss), 44 front, 9" rear, NP235.

Here's the night I had it towed home. The tow cost $50, which seemed astronomical since the truck only cost $300.

Here it is off the wrecker. Notice the green mold all over it.

Also notice pretty much the sole reason I bought it:

Cleaned up, it wasn't too bad!

But the bed had seen better days (and I like being able to actually set things in the bed without them falling to the ground below) so it had to go. Note the gross misuse of a cherrypicker.

Then another bed, some old wheels from my high school Bronco and some retreads later, TADA!

This is how she sits today. I still need to iron some things out before she's street legal. I got the brakes mostly done but there are some electrical gremlins I need to sort out. And the current work (as I mentioned in another thread) is floorpan related:

I'm still cutting away and making room for the new pans. Im excited to get it done. As soon as she's buttoned up, I'm gonna spray the floor in Zolatone and then bolt this in:

Tips, advice, free labor always appreciated ;D.

OK, 1 down, 5 more to go. :D

Re: Hesher's autos

That first pic is very cool.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
      That first pic is very cool.
      Thanks. I just did some resizing so hopefully it looks even better. 8)

Comment

For a 4x4, it's a great lookin truck. It looks good enough for me to overlook the 4x4 flaw since I love the older effies.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I don't know why, but I love that truck just the way it is. ;D
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Oh man, please leave that mural alone. Thats so bitchin!!
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I don't know why, but I love that truck just the way it is. ;D
              Don't worry, there are ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS TO PAINT IT! I, too, love it just the way it is.

And I am not kidding that the mural is why I bought it. It was parked with the passenger side right against a house, and I could tell something was on the door. So I carefully shimmied my skinny self in between the wall and truck and was able to get a better look. Once I saw that, I said "Sold!".

The PO told me the mural was on both sides when he bought it, but a wreck required the driver door repainted. Bummer.

Comment

Maybe someone good with an airbrush could recreate it on the driver's door.
                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Nah, I think having it only on one side adds to the vibe. ;D
                  I R Bob

Comment

Nah, I think having it only on one side adds to the vibe. ;D
                    I agree...at this point it just adds to the character.

Comment

Next up, the 51 Ford. This one will require the most time, effort, and $$$$. Plan on seeing me drive this in about 20 years. Anyway...2 door, Flathead V8 (that I plan to keep), and a Ford-O-Matic (that I probably shouldn't keep).

My Aunt purchased this car in ~1960, and it has passed around through the family. It finally became officially mine 2 years ago.

This is how it sat for many years in Gainesville, TX until I secured it:

Then I moved it to my place in Austin.

It's all there:

And here it sits. I haven't done much to it, except to keep clean it every so often and slowly disassemble this and that. I did spray bomb the wheels and put on tires that actually hold air, just to pretty it up.

I recently had to put chicken wire around the damn thing, cause my tiny dog keep getting under it like a jerk.

And here's the jerk. Yes, she's hairless. I'm allergic.

And just for good measure, here what the 51 wants to be when it grows up:

If you wanna come help me out, Groucho, just let me know.

Comment

I got a 239 and a 3 speed for you.
                        I R Bob

Comment

I used that Zolatone extensively on my 53 Chevy Suburban's interior, really good stuff. A little spendy though at about 75.00 a gallon. I used an old gun I got at a yard sale.
                          61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

cool rides, i dig that truck...that mural and pait is sooo cool, I loved that stuff back in the early 80's...
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I got a 239 and a 3 speed for you.
                              OK, if you hold it for me for about 10 years we can talk. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X