Hesher's Used Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hesher's Used Cars

I'm amazed how many gen 1 Montes are around the neighborhood here. Some are pretty decent. Few are definite potentially cool cars. One special one looks as if it accidentally wondered into a demolition derby. I think the frame is gone cause the car sags badly in the middle. Every panel is smashed.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You know, I never seen first gens much around here...and I am always looking. It's kinda weird, I never see many muscle cars around, but I see a plethora of 40's and 50's cars all the time.

Comment

Ok, engine gurus, I have a question:

After I am done with the Monte Carlo front suspension overhaul, I am going to do some fresh up on the engine. The engine is the original 1970 4 bolt main. I have decided on a head swap, and I think I want to go with the Vortec 062. I am aware will need to address the springs and rocker arms. Besides that, what other recommendations do you guys have? I am thinking the Edelbrock performer intake. Will the Q-Jet (rebuilt) be an ok choice for this combo? Also, what cam do you recommend? The comp Cam 280?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Reliability is of far more importance to me than a small amount of extra horsepower.

Comment

Performer RPM or RPM Airgap. Not leaving power or reliability on the table with those. Tuned Quadrajet should be good.
          Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

So, uh, I haven't been here in awhile and had to re-register - I see lots o' new usernames. Was there a great purge?

Comment

Originally posted by HesherII View Post
              So, uh, I haven't been here in awhile and had to re-register - I see lots o' new usernames. Was there a great purge?
              Check with Brian, you might still be able to get your old username back.

Comment

Yeah, I've emailed and PM'd to no answer.

Comment

Have you made any progress on the '77 Ford?
                  Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Great collection you have - and great to see you back, Matt and I are doing some work on his 77 F150 - those trucks just flat kick butt.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      Great collection you have - and great to see you back, Matt and I are doing some work on his 77 F150 - those trucks just flat kick butt.
                      Yes, they do. They kick you in the butt over every single bump in the road.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

No too much, unfortunately, but that is about to change. I now have a 600 sq. ft. shop in the back, so the 51 and 77 are both indoors. i bought a new wiring harness from Rebelwire for the truck, so I will begin that process shortly. Then I can hit the town!

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
                        Have you made any progress on the '77 Ford?

Comment

So another change happened in the last few years. I needed a new daily driver, so being the practical family man that I am, I traded my Monte Carlo for an 88 K5 Blazer on 35's. For family hauling. Of course.

Fun to drive to daycare, I assure you. And it does pack quite a kick, Scott.

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            Some of them do. My '79 2wd rides silky smooth with the 3/5 drop kit on it, and handles better than many cars. Now my '79 F350 4x4 has some custom rear leaf packs for sled pulling - it does pack a slight kick...
                            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

a slight kick I'm sure.... wear your kidney belt!

I picked up another 400m performer intake for my friends hiboys at the columbus swap over the weekend, they go cheap - $40, I've got 2 for him now - one for each truck, a truck for each of his sons, both red too.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by HesherII View Post
                                Yeah, I've emailed and PM'd to no answer.
                                I've noticed that too lately....... my guess is he only checks the facebook stuff anymore?

Nice collection. I'm no Ford guy but I always liked the dentsides, dad had a '77 HighBoy Explorer package one in that Goldish/Brown color with the cream colored panel/scallop sticker package. Spent many hours bouncing in that thing as a little brat.
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X