Bloverlanding - 86 Blazer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    if you start to weld it with the poly bushings in place, that should make them easier to get out....
    the though occurred to me. I finally told myself "Sal would do that (and twice on Sunday)" and that cured me of that silliness. But sorely tempted, I was.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 29, 2022, 09:20 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• incremental progress
      I guess my calibrated eyeball wasn't wrong (the edge of the pumpkin is center)

key here is similar length of the panhard bar and the steering cross arm

tacked bracket in place then trial eyeball the spring

and trial fit with the TRE in place.

That spring isn't likely going to be enough for what I'm doing.... I don't know whether I got it for the FJ40 or for my wife's Jeep... the '40, maybe because I think they were E350 van springs, but the JK, yeah fat chance.

Comment

• absolutely the most frustrating part of a build... spend 'extra' money for a 'complete' kit.... and there's missing parts.
        stopped here because there were no tube adapters for the johnny joint end

figure, why not do the cross bars (steering rod, panhard bar, cross steering shaft)... and guess what, missing those adapters too

not naming names but looks like my supplier just changed. I suppose I'd be less annoyed if I knew where my taps went... those and my large x huge drill bits - I could make some in my lathe.... but no, now I get to wait until Monday to get the parts.

Comment

• not blaming you for switching suppliers...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

the though occurred to me. I finally told myself "Sal would do that (and twice on Sunday)" and that cured me of that silliness. But sorely tempted, I was.
            BTDTGT !
            been there done that got the t-shirt....

like mom always says, if you cant be an inspiring role model
            at least you can be a horrible warning!

Comment

• motor... since I'm waiting on other fronts

time to strip off all the 24v stuff..... which should be worth keeping since it's as rare as hen's teeth (H1 Civilian only)

If they could have figured out how to hybrid this motor with the starter motor, it probably would have doubled its hp

thankfully, in that vein, I've kept most of the stuff from the other motors.... though, not driver's side manifolds.. fortunately I have one on the 6.2...

in case you're curious, yes, it's heavy

this is unique to this block - and van blocks - the turbo is in the center so they need to get oil to and from the turbo.... and put oil in the valley of the motor.... this motor has 34k miles on it and was obviously leaking from the factory...

also, it seems the replaced the turbo at least once because there were random bolts near the turbo (random, turbo bolts)

Comment

• If the leak is factory installed, why can't the extra bolts be?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Those were spares just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    If the leak is factory installed, why can't the extra bolts be?
                    what's fun is not one of those exhaust clamps were actually tightened... I thought, initially that it was the shop who removed them, but no....

Comment

• i say you CAN polish a turd, by
                      getting it bronzed first. you, sir, are
                      proving i was right.

that motor even with a turbo is a
                      giant turd--but im 100% certain you
                      will find a way to polish it!

i still say you shoulda gone with
                      a big block chevy....

Comment

i say you CAN polish a turd, by
                        getting it bronzed first. you, sir, are
                        proving i was right.

that motor even with a turbo is a
                        giant turd--but im 100% certain you
                        will find a way to polish it!

i still say you shoulda gone with
                        a big block chevy....

let the hate flow through you. 1 wire, 300 hp, 550 lb torque, 15 mpg (up to 20 mpg), 400,000 mile reliably. BBCs are for race cars.

oh yeah, bonus is pulling that g-string through you like a cheese slicer....
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 2, 2022, 09:58 PM.

Comment

let the hate flow through you. 1 wire, 300 hp, 550 lb torque, 15 mpg (up to 20 mpg), 400,000 mile reliably. BBCs are for race cars.

oh yeah, bonus is pulling that g-string through you like a cheese slicer....

hey, wait ... how did you know i was wearing a thong!?!?!!?
                          are you stalking me again? dude. we already talked about this....

Last edited by fatguyzinc; December 3, 2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I'll never get the image out of my brain........ Probably a law suite there someplace.

Comment

you do you buddy, we don't judge. though I admire your ability to take an atomic wedgie.

Comment

you do you buddy, we don't judge. though I admire your ability to take an atomic wedgie.
                                i used to toss guys out that were "normal sized" (say, 5-10 and under 225lbs)
                                by giving them the wedgie so hard i lifted them off the ground-- and then carried
                                them out that way, dangling, squirming, and squealing..........

good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X