No announcement yet.

Bloverlanding - 86 Blazer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 6.2 in scrap form. I'll hang behind the shop in the scrap bin for a little bit but ultimately what you're seeing here is a new Kia.

strangely the exhaust bolts came out without too much trouble... 200,000 mile motor but a 34,000 mile motor couldn't come apart

test fitting time again

vacuum pump fitted

lots of little things to do, but this is the general idea

Happiness is large turbos

7 months is what it takes to fill a shop 8x larger by volume

Paul's Corvette is back for its BBC
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Pretty sure, I guess the Brits had a car named "a Tea" - they were such junk that the colonists threw them into the harbor - where they dissolved. The Brits were so mad at being outed for the junk they built that they started a war. Eventually peace was achieved by the US donating an all-aluminum V8 to the Brits for use in their cars. The Brits loved the motor because it paid homage to their water-soluble cars by having water soluble head gaskets.
      As Said by Cliff Clavin of Cheer's......
      Last edited by Captain; January 27, 2023, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Paul's Corvette is back for its BBC
        New thread ?

Comment

• Today was more about cleanup

nowhere near done, but gained a lot of room

Did, however, get the front axle moved forward

next up, spring pockets.

Comment

• My shop cleaning is because of necessity!!
            Laziness takes over Laziness and I get tired of moving "STUFF" Spelt "SHIT" multiple times......
            And Finally put said "STUFF" Where IT Belongs or Away for Long Term Storage.

This precursor is what I call the "Pile System".

Piles occur as too going where. This "STUFF" is going to the Blue Barn, This "STUFF" is going to the Lower Barn, and THIS "STUFF" I Haven't a Clue Where to Put It !!

Now it MAY get put Away, or Start the NEXT "Pile System"
            In that Location, and until I get Grid Locked,......
            "STUFF" Piles Up......

It like watching a Dog Owner. They don't clean up the yard of Dog Dodo until it gets impossible to walk around without stepping in it........or you are expecting Guests.

i.e. Dave's Post "Messy Garage".....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230125_104014~2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	826.0 KB
ID:	1332142

As evidence here under the Engine on Stand....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221210_123621~2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1332143

And this Mess ......
            If you will notice the Two Electrolux Vacuums.
            These are still there, a Trash and Treasure Find, to make Jet Packs to some Mad Max Accessories.
            I will be getting Tired of "Stubbiling" into them Getting Tools from the Rolling Tool Boxes, and Maybe even put those electric SawZall, and Battery Drill boxes away.....
            Last edited by Captain; January 30, 2023, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• moving was hectic - I didn't have much time to move and I was doing it with only the help of one friend.... things got piled - but now with the forklift, I can start the organizational piles.
              and I do realize how lucky I am to have a heated storage space that is bigger than most garages... there are 4 cars in this picture and still have enough room to work around one.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 30, 2023, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• tonight's task - start with the spring perches

level and align

love this measuring tool.... glad I bought when I did.... omg they're expensive now.... like 4x what I paid

at least the idea

some parts came in, such as the pillar gauge pods

egt gauge (so I can drill and tap the exhaust also the manifold bolts... early, even

Comment

some parts came in, such as the pillar gauge pods

where on gods green earth did you find squarebody gauge pillars??!?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

where on gods green earth did you find squarebody gauge pillars??!?!!
                    Amazon, of course

Comment

• Spring pockets.

does it work?

works fine on the passenger side, driver's side, decisions are being made

with some mods...

the schedule 40 tube is a bit larger - I need that space - so a bit of shaving and it's fine

rather then being an inch above the frame (optimal), it'll be even with the frame top...

and it works... though it seems a bit angry

passenger side too

3 pods, 3 gauges, tach, EGT, boost

Comment

ouch! $80.... i want one, but not that badly hah hah...
                        thanks though, kept link just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

ouch! $80.... i want one, but not that badly hah hah...
                          thanks though, kept link just in case.
                          on one of my other squarebodies, I bonded this onto the factory molding.... worked out quite well $22.00

Comment

• My eyes can't adjust between the road out yonder and something a few inches from my face quickly enough to make that gauge-mounting scheme work. If I was one-a-them yung kids like you guys it'd be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                              My eyes can't adjust between the road out yonder and something a few inches from my face quickly enough to make that gauge-mounting scheme work. If I was one-a-them yung kids like you guys it'd be different.
                              the gauges are there to verify the mechanicals are working right.... there will be no speed shifting the NV4500...

Comment

• today's side fun. I need 2 of those hooky things... bought this kit to replace the chinese junk I've been suffering with.... but the whole reason to purchase... yeah, I got half the parts I needed... damn

in news, one tack holding it in place... that I'll need to knock apart... no worries, this is still in the fitting stage. still finding it hard to believe that it's all going to fit, but there it is right before my eyes so I've gotta believe it.

passenger side is better and might get burned into place

Comment

Working...
                                X