Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Withdrawn

Thread Deleted
    Last edited by LostInTransit; May 12, 2023, 10:14 PM.

Glad you checked back in and noticed the good comments and the invitation to come back . It's cool all the work you've put in to your ride . Looks like alot of bucks spent trying things out .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Interesting project! Glad to see you back on BS,

Comment

I'm probably past my years as a mini van owner . " we've had 6 chevy astro / gmc safari vans . I always put fatter shorter tires on them . Last one had the 200 to 210 horse 4.3 V6 . In its day it was fast for a van .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by LostInTransit
          We've attempted to join the Vanning site because after all we drive a van. But they decline to allow us there. it's not that type of van they would want anyone to see. So it's double as hard locating a home where this type of modifications fit. The Hotrod community turned us down too. Even the Grassroots.. all of these sites had one thing in common.. they're not open to the idea that the simple utility van can be equipped with performance items and turned or tuned into a sports car. This is our sports car and or daily driver.

Now if one wants to talk about a sports car.. a fellow by the name of dotmaster on several of the Focus and Connect forums commissioned Aaron Vaccar to create a one of a kind Connect ST.

Just recently, this van was featured on car&bid site which sold for 28K.. but read the fine print.. the van will never pass emissions and was a nightmare for Vaccar. He took a Focus ST donor car (engine / manual trans) and threw it into the van. It turned into an electronics nightmare. Although this si the SWB van.. the snow flake wheels should not be mounted on the van because they are not load indexed to hand any added weight. yet other Connect owners are still doing it..

@Dan Barlow​ in the vanning community, the Astro are a very desirable vans these days because of their AWD system. I could be going through a midlife crises. But because I have chronic pain and lower back issues, I've always wanted a sports car, but could never fit into them. With the Connect, there' plenty of head room, but I had to make some special alteration to the seats to get them to work correctly.
          Non of ours were 4WD . We had 2 short ones then 4 extended . All 4.3 ranging from something like 160 horse up to the last 200something one . They served there purpose of hauling us and 4 kids plus their friends around . Funny the kids are out of the house and now we have two suburbans basically. Along with the vette a 350 S10 that needs finished and the latest acquisition a GMC 3500HD for general work horse duties .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Saw some awd Astro vans that were v8 swapped and quick back in the day
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

This is my Travel Tow Vehicle. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1860.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1337108 Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1859.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1337109
              it is from before the turn "Turn of the Century".
              We call it the Marrakesh Express, and used a Moroccan Theme as it was a "Ex Drug Enforcement
              Surveillance Van" !
              A Ford E250

And since these pictures, added a rear spare tire carrier,
              Aluminum running boards, and different style Full Hub Caps.
              (I have pix somewhere on my phone but found these quick)

Comment

heh... he deleted the thread after seeing your van. Too much awesome for him, I guess.

err... deleted again.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Captain - you should be ashamed for getting his panties all in knots!

Comment

And I was just being Neighborly and acknowledging his post of my Vintage Ford Econoline that preceded the Transport

Comment

So the full size van people put his stuff back on posing as him ?
                      Man some people have way too much time on there hands .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

So 70's. Shag carpet and port hole windows. Lace paint...

And don't forget the disco ball, the bell bottom pants, leisure suits, and Bee Gee songs. I'm glad I never got thru the hippie phase

Comment

The New Event Season is Starting.
                          I'm hosting Try Outs for my 2023 Harem

Click image for larger version

Name:	lillie-langtry-as-cleopatra-full-length-portrait-lying-on-sofa-and-D514F5.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	1337178

Comment

lol deleted again! I guess we didn't use the correct van pronouns???

It makes me wonder if he angrily stomps off when he is casually talking to someone about his van and they mention they have a van too?

People are stupid.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                              lol deleted again! I guess we didn't use the correct van pronouns???

It makes me wonder if he angrily stomps off when he is casually talking to someone about his van and they mention they have a van too?

People are stupid.
                              but suddenly, we find humor in this thread. Those van guys, first stealing girlfriends in the 70s, now tossing Transits in the 20s.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X