No announcement yet.

squirrel's 55 chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I only have one good one, there's one in the scrap pile too.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• lettering is getting done now. should be interesting when it's done.
      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Look forward to seeing it.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Sneak peek.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lettering.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	872143
          My fabulous web page

Comment

• big boy toys FTW!
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• My car survived Drag Week. although I didn't make the trip there and back, like I had planned. The blower was making a neat new squealing sound, like a bearing, so I hauled it to Bowling Green with my old Suburban. When there, I did some more listening and decided the noise was probably in the drive snout, so I pulled it and that bearing felt rough. I put it back together with new oil, and got a replacement bearing, but never installed it because the noise didn't get worse. We made the 1200 mile drive ok (it's longer than it's supposed to be, with the side trips getting lost, finding parts, going to hotels and dinner, etc).

On my last run, the car came alive and ran 11.19 which is the quickest it's ever gone. But it also made a big "pop" at the top end, I'm not sure what happened. You can see some black smoke come out the tailpipes as it crosses the line. jump to 5:05:19 in the video to see my run.

When I started it up after unloading it from the trailer today, it was running a little rough. I guess I need to pull plugs, valve covers, carbs, etc and see what's going on. As well as overhaul the blower. Or get that 427 done and put it in the car.
              Last edited by squirrel; September 16, 2013, 11:20 AM.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Did it pop when you lifted or where you still WOT? do you have a rev limiter on it? where you any where close to that rpm?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• pedal was still down. no rev limiter and it was only around five grand.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• the time slip. Car number 75M is mine. 3M is the black 55 gasser that won the class at Drag Week 2013.

Click image for larger version

Name:	timeslip1119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	872338
                    Last edited by squirrel; September 18, 2013, 08:04 PM.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• car is running ok, a little rough when it's cold, fuel mixture seems to be normal. I drove it into town yesterday. Last night I swapped the blower drive snout bearing, the old one was a little rough but didn't see any pitting in it. There is some aluminum deposits on the outside, I guess it was spinning and galling in the housing? Wierd. It's quiet now with the new bearing.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        car is running ok, a little rough when it's cold, fuel mixture seems to be normal. I drove it into town yesterday. Last night I swapped the blower drive snout bearing, the old one was a little rough but didn't see any pitting in it. There is some aluminum deposits on the outside, I guess it was spinning and galling in the housing? Wierd. It's quiet now with the new bearing.
                        Hope that's all it was.. Might need to keep an ear cocked to it to see if it goes south again..

Comment

• When I took this pic nobody was around. walked away, then saw you leaving. Sorry I missed you, wanted to meet you and get a better look at the car. I won't pry, or get too close without the owner around.Click image for larger version

Name:	drag week 010.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	872371

Comment

• Sorry I missed you. It does look like we were ready to leave, Keith's trailer is packed up. We didn't spend much time at Indy, sorry.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Been a while...haven't done much to the car, drove it a few times, swapped carbs to the AFBs, that's about it. I dragged the other hood over to the shop, and stripped the paint off it. And sanded off the remaining primer. Time for some body work.
                              Attached Files
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Like the linkage set up on the dual quads
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X