Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you really NEED a Falcon Sedan Delivery?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really NEED a Falcon Sedan Delivery?!?

YES! YES I DO!

I'm filled with both excitement and shame.

My answer is still YES!!!

I have a ton of parts to sort and evaluate, this will be basically on hold until the C10 is at least operational.

I've wanted one for a long time, the few I've seen for sale have been a steaming pile or out of my range.
    I paid too much here, but it came with a LOT of parts.
    302 crate engine, rebuilt AOD trans, Mosier 8.8 narrowed rear end, painless harness, fitech efi, vintage air + serpentine system, mustansg 2 front with qa1 shocks
    rechromed bumpers, new glass, custom wheels/tires, Dakota digital gage setup.......

I do think it was a high level sin to travel to Kannapolis NC and buy a FFFF, a FFFF. A FOMOCO product

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231206_183304226.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	1346248
    Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; December 7, 2023, 12:27 PM.
    A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

That looks like a HUGE score to me! Assuming the shell is in as good a condition as the pile of parts they had planned to put in it - it should be an excellent ride. But I might be biased as I am a Ford guy.

Comment

I like it. A lot.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        That looks like a HUGE score to me! Assuming the shell is in as good a condition as the pile of parts they had planned to put in it - it should be an excellent ride. But I might be biased as I am a Ford guy.

Thanks!
        He collected parts for 12 years. His friend was doing the metal work and became unable to finish and it.
        He "couldn't find" anyone else to finish it, so it just sat. The metalwork is NOT finished as advertised, but it's a good start. The car is SOLID.

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        I like it. A lot.
        Thanks!

A.K.A. Brian

Comment

former friend of mine built a car like that... got divorced midstream so it may have not gotten finished..... that said, last I knew it was in California... but the time frame is right....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            former friend of mine built a car like that... got divorced midstream so it may have not gotten finished..... that said, last I knew it was in California... but the time frame is right....
            This car has been in N.C. since at least the 80's. The guy owned it in high, sold it. He tracked it down and bought it back around 2010 ish and started spending money.
            A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Wagons are cool! With or with out windows! What are the specs on the crate engine? Parts list sounds good maybe add a turbo or two!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                Wagons are cool! With or with out windows! What are the specs on the crate engine? Parts list sounds good maybe add a turbo or two!
                Thanks Russell

The engine is not what I'd consider to be boost ready. It's a 300hp 302 from ATK. I think the car deserves better.
                This particular engine (and possibly the AOD) will probably go into my "shop truck" 4 door 68 Falcon wagon....Time will tell
                A.K.A. Brian

Comment

That's just an excellent find! But if you were in Kannapolis why didn't you stop by and visit? (The answer is that we're 2 hours away and probably not in the right direction but I would have enjoyed meeting you in person.)
                  Last edited by DanStokes; December 7, 2023, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    That's just an excellent find! But if you were in Kannapolis why didn't you stop by and visit? (The answer is that we're 2 hours away and probably not in the right direction but I would have enjoyed meeting you in person.)
                    I looked up Wilimington before I left. I had the same thought. I had 9 hours on the road in a strange truck pulling a trailer.. that was going to add another 4.
                    Maybe next time Dan, if you get to VA let me know!
                    A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Great starting point. You didn't mention year, but I'm guessing 1963-65.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        Great starting point. You didn't mention year, but I'm guessing 1963-65.
                        Thanks!
                        YESSIR it's a 1964.
                        It's been media blasted inside and out- top and bottom. In epoxy primer with ZERO body filler to this point.
                        Still needs a bit of grind/weld action, but SOLID
                        A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

I looked up Wilimington before I left. I had the same thought. I had 9 hours on the road in a strange truck pulling a trailer.. that was going to add another 4.
                          Maybe next time Dan, if you get to VA let me know!
                          Russell and I are hoping to meet Peewee at VIR this Spring so it could happen. Always great to meet BSers!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

The engine is not what I'd consider to be boost ready. It's a 300hp 302 from ATK.
                            Every engine is boost ready.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

Every engine is boost ready.
                              Russell's stock bottom end 5.0 is taking it quite eagerly!

Comment

Working...
                              X