62 Olds Super 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Olds Super 88

My dads newest drag-home project, and I do mean drag. It was only about a mile from the house. Once we got it out of the garage, the left rear slid thru the grass. We figured once the tire hit the pavement it would break loose. That didn't happen and by that time we were committed to pulling it down the road as-is. (tire made it about 1/4 mile) I later removed and freed the brakes in about five minutes. The car was my brother-in-laws dads. He got it from Texas many years ago. It has been sitting inside for as long as I can remember. My dad got it in exchange for a paint job on a Dodge truck. We don't know what direction this project will go yet. Got the motor started up already- has some lower end noise. The entire fuel system has about 20 year-old gas in it.

Re: 62 Olds Super 88

Has the optional 394 cid. 325 hp.

Comment

Very cool. Those early 60's cars had such cool dashes. How much noise did that dragging tire make before it blew?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Cool old car. Are those 14" wheels? If so, I'll donate a couple of sets of wheel covers. Have fun with it.

Dan

Comment

Sweet project, I love the styling.

Comment

Beautiful! A Super 88 Holiday 4 dr ht. with factory air. Alot of parts interchange with the 61. What does the oil look like? The 4 barrel engine was rated at 330 HP. They made 21,175 of those. Let me know if you need any help or info, I've learned a few tricks since owning mine.
            61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Very nice, that's going to make a nice driver. Good score! I bet it'll clean up easy. The underside I'll bet after a good cleaning will look almost new. How many miles on it?
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Man that thing is cool,get it running and drive it like it is :D
                Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Working...
                X