TAman1969 and sons wagon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAman1969 and sons wagon project

well my son wanted a wagon so we found this neglected ride and after thinking about it i think i like the petina so like newer version of trusty rusty -Chad should love this newer version

were thinking about a zz4 6 speed big runner TPI or maybe a ls1 and a 6 speed /12 bolt setup bigger sway bars - you know something that will embarrass alot that misjudge a car that looks like that. any other ideas?
    Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Re: TAman1969 and sons wagon project

sure...427/4 speed....to match the patina...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Is that what you call a Kingswood wagon?
      I'd love one of those with a 427. A column auto for me though.

Comment

kingswood is a full size wagon, not a chevelle.

My fabulous web page

Comment

LS2 + a 6 speed... or 4l65E.. smooth the chrome and paint it a flat paint... sleeper....

Comment

I always have to ask what your son wants to do with the car.... then plan from there.

Why not paint a satin clear over the car as it is to preserve the patina?

I'd go for a fuelie with a modern overdrive - just find a wrecked z28, police car, or vette - and swap it all in (wish it was that easy) or a pickup truck.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

never thought about flat clear Hmmmm . My son is on board with either of the 2 engines - i have both but im leaning to the ZZ4/TPI 6 speed setup. He wants to do air suspension so if he ponies up for that as ive supplied the body, eng, diff so far ....
              Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Cool! Our beater '65 Chevelle crew cab ate the rear suspension on the way to Mexico earlier this week, so we've been talking AirRide on it, too. Hard to get people to understand $2000 in suspension on a $1500 car (that Turk assures me I paid way too much for to start with, but hey, it got us to SEMA and to Baja and back).

Comment

It all makes sense to me. If you paid any more for the car it wouldn't need the $2000 in suspension.
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    Cool! Our beater '65 Chevelle crew cab ate the rear suspension on the way to Mexico earlier this week, so we've been talking AirRide on it, too. Hard to get people to understand $2000 in suspension on a $1500 car (that Turk assures me I paid way too much for to start with, but hey, it got us to SEMA and to Baja and back).
                    David we need pictures of the 65 Chevelle crew cab. ;D

Comment

I have a couple of 65 elky doors that I do believe would fit if you wanted to make a longer 2 door wagon than a standard 2 door wagon. That thing is sweet. I think I still have the rear bumper off the elco if you need it too.

Tim

Comment

Why is it that Wagons are so cool??? When I was a kid I used to hate them, now I would love to own one! a 66/67 Nova wagon sounds like pure sex... ;D

Kinda like vinyl tops on muscle cars... same thing, I love em!

Comment

Originally posted by pettycash
                          I have a couple of 65 elky doors that I do believe would fit if you wanted to make a longer 2 door wagon than a standard 2 door wagon. That thing is sweet. I think I still have the rear bumper off the elco if you need it too.

Tim
                          actually i do need some parts for car: bumpers are pretty rough, hood has a rust hole in the middle WTF? dont know why it would rust there??... and the metal dash is rusty too! whos got parts/parts cars im looking for the poorboy approach, no 50k resto gonna ever happen to this! and ill even accept free parts if theyre better than what i have the cheaper the better and you would have the satisfaction of knowing it was YOU that helped keep this car on the road ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by ADV1
                            Why is it that Wagons are so cool??? When I was a kid I used to hate them, now I would love to own one! a 66/67 Nova wagon sounds like pure sex...
                            I think it's the transition from kid to parent, now we all know why our folks had wagons when we were little.

A friend has a 66 nova wagon he's planning on making into a 2 door, he has the 2 door sedan donor parts alread.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I've always liked wagons. My '70 Bonneville wagon was on of my favorite cars. I think I was probably 22 or 23 when I bought it. I put the motor from my T/A in it. It would probably run mid 14s.
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X