my 47 fleetline grage sale buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 47 fleetline grage sale buy

I know i posted about it before and promised pics but with so many cars to fix/build and no time summer shot and weather blew this year i finaly got around to snaping some pics
    the find

216 out of a early chevy truck{leaving it till it pops lol ;D}

not bad

lil body work

now paint lowered in the rear interior out at the seat guy engine done tires wheels still need trim rings and wireing finished,grill,and bumpers

and Dan will like this
    I followed a artical from a '54 speed manual on the engine pretty basic but who cares i have with buying the car $2200 in it to date {new tires ,wheels ,brakes ,engine rebuild,seat material paint supplies and exhaust and wiring harness}
    so i am going to bomb around with it leting the 6 roar through the split pipes and enjoy a car with no money in it for a change lol
    side note they say that these 216's 15 psi oil pressure is great and i got 30 and it is quite responsive and fires up every time so far so ? but when it goes POP i think a 235 or 261 is in order lol

Re: my 47 fleetline grage sale buy

Looking good so far!!

In the original photos, it would appear that your daughter (I'm assuming) doesn't know quite what to make of this huge old car filling up the garage. :D

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

looking real good...

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed
        Looking good so far!!

In the original photos, it would appear that your daughter (I'm assuming) doesn't know quite what to make of this huge old car filling up the garage. :D

cheers
        Ed N.
        yep that is my lil girl
        we were in the garage we found it in she was being shy the old guy that owned it was there lol

thanks guys

Comment

From my observation, Jay's kids are relatively immune to whole car thing. I'm guessing she was more intimidated but the old guy.

Where'd you find the intake? It's way cool!

Have fun

Dan

Comment

X2 on the intake; is it an Offy? Love the semi gloss paint. Are you considering a 12v conversion?

Comment

That hood shape looks familiar!

LOOOOOVE the "fastback" chebbys - way cool!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

the intake is an offy
                ya the kids just see a car then ask if it is our new car {something to play with lol}
                ya the body is Hot rod flatz satin black and the roof and wheels are dark gloss purple
                yes i am switching it to 12 volt for the fact of ease and safety {the wiring in it now has some really bad spots}
                thanks guys

Comment

That's really cool. Reminds me of my uncle's old 47 Olds when I was a kid. Keep the pictures coming!
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

These fastback Chevys are some of my favorite GM cars. Nice find and great you get to enjoy it so quickly for not a lot of coin.

Comment

Me too, I love 'em! And so did Stalin. He even copied them and made a 7/8 scale version for Russia (the Pobieda) and later "licensed" that design to Poland, where they were produced from 1951 to 1972, initially in the fastback version but unfortunately uglified into a sedan and station wagon version. The fastbacks are truest to the original.

Russian Gaz Pobieda:
                      Автомобиль ГАЗ М-20 Победа. Все о легендарной машине: тюнинг, запчасти и ремонт, советы владельцам, фотографии и реставрация.

Polish FSO Warszawa:

President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Something wrong with those links. The text looks like it was written in some foreign language or something, and in one of 'em the letters are all screwed up. Still, great pics of mild custom late 40's Chevys.

Dan

Comment

I doubt the word "custom" was on Stalin's mind when he decided to work on Chevy's Fleetline for the politburo...LOL.

These cars are just begging for a BBC to do them justice.
                          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Seein' as how they ARE Chevys I guess I'd be OK with a BBC. Or maybe a built Zil motor - now THAT'S something you don't see every day.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                              Me too, I love 'em! And so did Stalin. He even copied them and made a 7/8 scale version for Russia (the Pobieda) and later "licensed" that design to Poland, where they were produced from 1951 to 1972, initially in the fastback version but unfortunately uglified into a sedan and station wagon version. The fastbacks are truest to the original.

Russian Gaz Pobieda:
                              Автомобиль ГАЗ М-20 Победа. Все о легендарной машине: тюнинг, запчасти и ремонт, советы владельцам, фотографии и реставрация.

Polish FSO Warszawa:

Am I the only one who thinks that looks just like those old Volvos.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X