Project-60 - 1960 Chrysler NewYorker - The Green Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project-60 - 1960 Chrysler NewYorker - The Green Monster

Imagine a set of 'CIBIES' on your '67 Charger : :P ;D :D ;)??? And now for something completly different......... ;D,my Landlord sells a lot of parts to this guy---> www.moparmel.com .....this guy has quite a few 'Fin and Letter' Cars laying around his place. ~OO6.

Comment

In the mean time I'm working my butt off to get the car ready for our first dragrace-event here in the Netherlands, which is this coming weekend.

I installed a 4-point seatbelt. The original 2-point seatbelts aren't allowed so I upgraded these.
      I've also already swapped the rear-axle. So now there's a 3.91 gear with suregrip-unit under the car, instead of the open 3.23 unit. The entire axle-unit is slightly narrower aswell, which gives me a little more tire and wheel choice.
      Along with the swap I also lowered the car 3" to achieve a better stance.
      I've got 11.5" Hoosier Quicktime Pro's to race with, and a set of regular elcheapo General Tires in size 275/60/15 to drive the 2.5" hour to the track with.
      I did a little 'customizing' on the drive-tires today. I applied some Icelandic tirewhite-paint to make them look better on the car. It will still need 2 coats before it's properly done, but from a distance I think it looks fairly nice already...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

and what did it run Herman? i know you were at the races with your car! ;D

Comment

Please shut thy hole sir... ;D ;D

Well, 'ehm... At least my car got Tech'ed at the track... how about yours? :P

Let's just say my car ran for 2.5 hours straight (with a few short interruptions however) to the track :-\

Arriving at the track's pit area;

Tech'ing;

Almost 'Race-ready' on saturday...

... but I decided not to run because the car still has a few things that need to be addressed, before I want to flog it on the track.
          There's another event in 3 weeks where I definitly want to race.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Just noticed I kinda forgot about this topic a bit.

Here's an update;

Of the 3 race-events we had this year, I attended, but skipped racing in the first one. The second one... I put too much junk in my car to even make it to the end of my street. So I turned around, parked the in the garage and headed home, kinda pissed.
            For the 3rd and final race-event, I had fabbed a trailer-hitch under the car and managed to put most of my stuff in a small trailer I had scored for free. Now the trip to the dragstrip went hassle-free.
            A small write-up of what happened there can be found here: -> TOPIC-LINK

At this very moment, the driveshaft is at the driveshaft-shop, getting fixed and rebalanced. And for the time being I've swapped the 3.9 gears in favor of a 3.23 gearset.
            I actually found this car managed to get 17MPG on the highway. Not bad I guess.

Recently I've also acquired a used rollercam (XR274R) which I will be installing in the motor pretty soon. I think I'll retain the 1.6 rockers, unless the stock Edelbrock valvesprings can't cope with the added lift.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Update time;

- The Green Monster has become Black in the mean time.
              - The rollercam works nicely and idles great, but the engine now pings when underhood temps are getting hot.
              Need to fab somekind of cold air intake system in the cluttered enginebay or keep the temps down there.
              - Had a photoshoot with the car and some interesting looking dames... ;)

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Interesting?..SWEET! BEAUTIFUL..oh car is nice too
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 20, 2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Too bad those Dutch girls are so homely!

(JK, of course). Fun shots to have.

Dan

Comment

Strangly enough they didn't speak Dutch very fluently... Guess they were a long way from home.
                    Maybe I should've offered them a lift home...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                      Strangly enough they didn't speak Dutch very fluently... Guess they were a long way from home.
                      Maybe I should've offered them a lift home...

As we say in the 'States - where dey fum?

Dan

Comment

A few hours east would be my best guess. Poland would be most likely.
                        Guess I should've asked, because I should have known this question would be asked ofcourse...
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

mmmm, yummy.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                          X