Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In pursuit of a more badder asser van - 1974 Ford E-300 Club Wagon Chateau

Steve
    - I think we could say Seth has a particular version of A.D.D. or maybe it's a compulsion that is mechanically focused.... once he starts, there's no stopping him.

Sarah is thankful when he works at my shop - cause I am an early riser and shut things down at 10pm usually. Over at Daves big racecar shop in the industrial park where there are no "neighbors" to be concerned with.... those crazy cooks stay up till the wee wee hours of the morning working on stuff..... hmmmm - that gives me and idea - maybe I should do the noisy porting work on those E7TE heads for the ranger at Daves.... ;D
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Seth grumps about Sarah but really she's a SAINT. Us car guys can be a pain to live with - so I've been told. In my old age I don't stay out as late as I used to so ME kind of got me after I've been "refined" a bit. Sarah was not so lucky. Still, Seth's a good guy.

Dan

Comment

And here we go.....The sanding/sanding boogers begin. We had thought that this was the original paint, but after a little sanding I found that this was a repaint. Not a huge deal, but more work for sure. There is 2 extra layers of primer, a layer of body filler, and another layer of paint to sand off now. But overall the metal looks great underneath. There are a few areas that popped up needing patches, but it will not be to difficult to take care of them.

Here are the pics from today...

All Shiny....

Then some etching primer...

Then some primer sealer...

Back at it tomorrow.....But I will be welding up the holes instead of sanding.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I've seen MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse. Good job so far, Seth.

Dan

Comment

Mike you really do need a set of sidepipes on there as well as some Anson slots.You really do. LOL!

Comment

Seth, thanks for the pictures, and the great work so far!

Anthony, I've never been a fan of Anson slots, but did they make them for 8-lug wheels? I wouldn't mind side pipes, but I'm not trying to go for the hot rod van look, more like a killer sleeper street van. And I'd have a hard time proving to the authorities that they came that way from the factory.
              President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma

Anthony, I've never been a fan of Anson slots, but did they make them for 8-lug wheels? I wouldn't mind side pipes, but I'm not trying to go for the hot rod van look, more like a killer sleeper street van. And I'd have a hard time proving to the authorities that they came that way from the factory.
                I didnt realize they were 8 lugs. Go with some chrome wagon wheels .They'll look good just keep them waxed because they rust
                as soon as they are exposed to air. I hear ya about the sidepipes,put them after the inspection. You need a big whip anttenea too.

Comment

yes 5 slot ansens style wheels could be had in 8 lug....you dont have to hook up the side pipes...we used to call them "show pipes" jsut there to look cool.....they were illegal back when I was younger.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

progress is a good thing.I have some Western aluminium wheels in 8 lugs,lying around if you need them Mike..but they are 16,5 inchers :

Comment

Just for inspiration ;).Found this in a swedish magazine from 86.

Comment

Arild, that E-300 is cool!! I see it has 8-lug wagon wheels.

It might come in handy that you have a set of aluminum rims for my van. How many tire choices are available for 16.5"? It currently has 16" rims, which should afford me more tire choices. Originally, of course, it had 16.5".
                        President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Arild, that E-300 is cool!! I see it has 8-lug wagon wheels.

It might come in handy that you have a set of aluminum rims for my van. How many tire choices are available for 16.5"? It currently has 16" rims, which should afford me more tire choices. Originally, of course, it had 16.5".
                          I dont know about todays choices in 16,5 inch tires.I saw two new tires for sale in an ad today.9,50X16,5.BFG Edge..problem with those old wheels,are the lugnutz.Old kind of type,and difficult to get hold of.At least here.

Comment

I haven't worked on a van since the late 70s.The final product should be interesting.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Here are some more pics as I continue sanding the Titanic.....Holy crap is this thing huge....

I am still chipping away....This thing is going to be as pretty as it is fast.....and it WILL be fast. 8)

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Nice looking work Seth, keep chipping away ....
                                :D

Comment

Working...
                                X