X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milner351
    replied
    Re: Big Motor, Little truck. The BBR

Nicely done - you may think those are ugly but they are a lot better than what's in my ranger now!
    whoa!

I think with a bit of clean up and some powder coat - those would be just fine.

starting with fenderwell headers is a great idea - I wonder if I could find a set - and how far off the'd be with a clevo.

I supposed with a welder and some motivation - anything is possible -

-- including massive frustration and piles of shredded metal that is completely useless! but let's hope I don't end up there! ;D

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

MS v2.2 Built it a while back and am itching to give it a whirl. I have an MS-2 chip that I plan to use after it is all up an running good on fuel only. Baby steps ya know.

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied

that's crazy! and looks like it could be lots of fun.

what EFI / EMS are you using?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Passenger:

Driver:

I started with a set of used BBC in an early Nova fenderwell headers. They were actually very close to what I needed and would probably work in a 4x4 or a truck that was not lowered. I decided to chop them up and go for max clearance though. They pretty much look like crap, and I plan to make a new set (or take it to a local shop) after it is up and running.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

LOVE IT
    I have it's more timid little brother.

Mine is an '86 with a '95 splash stepside 'glass bed.

it has a 351C4v with a C6 - and the most "creative" homebuilt headers I've ever seen - done poorly and very rusty - but somebody spent a lot of time putting them together - but they are rotting away pretty fast and make the truck a bear to work on.

Do you have any ideas for your headers?

I'm thinking about going outside the frame rail with all four tubes - I'd love to hear and see your ideas - are you going to make your own?

Leave a comment:

• blu65ramb
    replied

Do your plans include a chute!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Leave a comment:

• BigBlockMopar
    replied

Slick... ;D

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    started a topic Big Motor, Little Truck. The BBR... aka "Tooth and Nail"

Big Motor, Little Truck. The BBR... aka "Tooth and Nail"

This project began as a simple engine/trans swap, but don't they all. ;D Now it's a 545" aluminum headed, roller cammed, efi'd, RMVB transbraked, monster. I chose a Ranger because they are cheap, and I don't feel too bad about taking a saw to anything that gets in my way. :D :D :D

Few hilites of the progress:

Began with basically a 1986 spec HO 5.0L. Pretty boring.

The motor: Original plan was to do a quickie rebuild and toss it in....

Dirty engine bay:

Clean(er) engine bay:

Mopar A-body diff:

Diff installed

Semi-current engine pic:

Fuel injector bung install:

In the next week or two, the engine and trans should finally be sitting in the frame for the last time. I'll throw up a few more pics of that and the fuel cell install later on.

;D

Working...
X