Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trukluvr
    replied
    Re: Big Motor, Little Truck. The BBR scares little kids.

Sounds like a sweet deal. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the finished product.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

You're right. It is a total ball just to fire the thing up and I'm still amazed that I got this efi stuff to work!

Well, I think I have fixed the belt toss problem by using a stock alternator mount.

Been thinking about fans, styles, placement, etc. Anyway a friend offered to make me a shroud for the 2 12" fans out of thermoformed lexan. He sent pics of his and it looks awesome. He said it should take 1-2 weeks to fit it on his schedule. I will definitely post up pics when he is finished.

It hopefully will look something like this design I sent him.

Leave a comment:

• PYSCHOWard
    replied

Just puttin around Takin it easy while you're workin out the little details, still has to put a smile on your face, about 3 ft wide. CONGRATS on your accomplishment so far. ITS ALL about havin FUN.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

Man - nothing smells like progress more than barfed coolant.... :

glad to hear your bars work - one of the many projects I have stacking up for my ranger.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

It's always something. ;D

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Drove the truck around today with the "BBR-tracs" on.

Absolutely no wheelhop at all. It just lights the tires up nice and smooth (and easy). lol

Then it tosses the alt belt and starts barfing water out. oopsie.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Yep i put the right plugs in it and readjusted the efi and it fired up. I ran it for a while then it ran out of gas... arrrg. So I decided to work on the other stuff.

Anytime you are in town, gimme a ring.
    Last edited by BBR; April 14, 2020, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Re: Big Motor, Little Truck. The BBR MOVES!!

Been fighting the Ranger's cold start..... It DOES NOT want to start when it's cold. So I messed around and finally flooded it. So I pulled the plugs last night. Black and sooty, and soggy wet. I started looking at plug recommendations this morning and guess what?

I FREAKIN' HAD AUTOLITE 25'S IN IT INSTEAD OF 3924'S!!!!!!!

I had the stinkin' 25's (0.46" reach) in my TFS Street heads when it REALLY needs a 3924 (0.75" reach)!!!!!!

No damn wonder this thing was acting funny!!!!!!

Now onto more fun things:

Fired up the plasma cutter this evening and started making plates for a set of "BBR-tracs". I decided I could make a set far cheaper than caltracs or slide-a-links. I'll detail what I did in the event somebody wants to make some too.

1. I cut out a cardboard template of the plates I needed.

2. I laid it over the 3/16" plate steel and shot it with white paint.

3. I traced around them with a sharpie to better define the edges using a cardboard cutout as a template.

4. I clamped them all together and evened them up with a 4" grinder and a double cut file.

5. I overlaid a paper template to locate the holes and center punched them.

6. I drilled all the holes with the drill press while they were all clamped together.

The rod and pivot holes are not drilled to final size just yet. I wanted to wait so that I get the hole sizes right.

Worked some more today.

The spring plate on the Ranger is not flat so I decided to add a flat section. So I plasma'd 2 - 5.25" x 2.5" pieces.

Then I cut out 2 chunks of 2' square tube.

Then I drilled a hole for the bolt and plasma'd one side out and welded them to the flat pieces.

This is how it fits in.

This is the final product. The shiny black paint made taking a good pic hard. I should have shot it with flat for the pic.

That's all for now.

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

BBR....

That little Ford is just neat as hell, and I'm excited that you've got it up and running again...and it ain't even mine!

The idle goodness alone is worth the price of admission.

Some folks listen to the sound of the surf or waterfalls to soothe their rattled nerves at work.

I'd recommend recording the idle of your truck....bet it'd sell a ton!

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

Way cool. In my book, the more brutal, the better!!

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

EXCELLENT!

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's got to feel great after the whole do the engine over again thing.... nicely done.

I'll be interested to see how you solve the wheel hop issue - I've not run my ranger at all this year, so, I don't have any experience with it having wheel spin issues!

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Had that problem with a bone stock 2.8 s-10 stick shift . Funny thing ,a few years ago I got a 4.3 stick truck and all it did was spin the back tires. Also the two 350 s-10s with autos didn't hop .None had slapper bars but I would have given them a try on the 2.8 truck but I didn't keep it long enough.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Drove the Ranger a bit today.....

1 word..... I'll spell it out.

V..I..O..L..E..N..T

Holy freakin crap. When you get a whole foot full of throttle, this this grows fangs and warts and crap!

It a wheel hopping sob too. Dang near shook my fillings out and I'm sure it cleaned about a pound of dirt of it.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

TOTALLY WICKED!

LOVE IT

Leave a comment:

• fahrenschnell
    replied

That thing is going to be a burnout machine.....Make sure you get a ride-along video.

Seth

Leave a comment:

Working...
X