X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    The differing grain structure of the steel is interesting.
    I was going to mention that myself..
    Looks to be where the temper stops??
    Or just poorly tempered?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    The differing grain structure of the steel is interesting.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    WELL DONE! yea - that's a keeper for sure!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    That needs to get framed in a shadow box and hung on the wall as art. She'll LOVE it!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Sure double or nothing! I would think 13.9 is do able with E7s assuming the car has 3.73 ish gear and drag tires.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    so since I already owe you 5.00, what do you think about double or nothing the neglected 90 LX coupe goes 13.9 or better with E7TE's ?

I had a feeling you wouldn't have overwhelming problems getting it out when you could get a minute to coerce it. Good to hear you got it.
    Last edited by Beagle; November 17, 2013, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got a free hour this afternoon. Put the broke axle in used a c clamp between the flange and backing plate, used a #4 mini sledge to pound it in until the c-clip fell out. My broom handle was too long to fit in with the one car garage. I found a crap piece of wood that I trimmed to fit. Pounded it the other way with the dead blow.

Leave a comment:

• 1badmonkey
    replied
    i have the stub off of the axle that i broke when I put nitrous on my camaro... it's in my tool box in one of the side drawers, 10 yrs later, I chuckle every time I see it....

breaking stuff sucks, but breaking stuff is COOL!!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    You can trailer it over and we can do it on the hoist. We'll have to slide the S-10 over but that's no big deal. It'll be easier if you load it on the trailer backwards so it'll roll off into the hoist bay.

Dan
    thanks Dan, its already on jack stands at my house w/ the rear apart. My trailer is still winch less so with no rear tires and no winch it might be hard to load.
    Last edited by Russell; November 15, 2013, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    You can trailer it over and we can do it on the hoist. We'll have to slide the S-10 over but that's no big deal. It'll be easier if you load it on the trailer backwards so it'll roll off into the hoist bay.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    cool on the 8.91! Did you get a chance to poke at the dead parts with a stick again?
    no, hopefully this weekend. I have to change the oil in the TDI, and my Brother In-Laws truck pucked the engine so I may end up trailering it for him so who knows when it will get looked at.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    cool on the 8.91! Did you get a chance to poke at the dead parts with a stick again?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer, Russell! But the good pass looked - well - GOOD! Damn HP breaks stuff (ain't it grand?).

Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X