Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Weather was nice, a little hot and sunny. I still have the DRs you gave me. I thought it was best to leave the axle breakers at home hopefully they will become smoke soon on the 87, and get lots of miles and passes so they don't last long.

The other passes were not as consistent. 9.32, 9.03, 9.17

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sounds like a fun day. Hope your weather was a great as ours was. Are you still using up those old drag radials? You need to go bracket racing - consistent!

Say HI! to your Dad.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I do need to give credit the chevy has one great advantage over the Dodge it turns the same direction you turn the steering wheel.

Five total passes two were in the 8'same

60' 2.182
    330' 5.916
    1/8. 8.983
    Mph 80.78

60' 2.172
    330' 5.902
    1/8. 8.983
    Mph. 80.49

Hopefully the 87 can shave a couple 1/10s off of the 60' makes me want to get the engine hoist out!
    Last edited by Russell; September 20, 2015, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Had a good day hanging out with Dad at the track made a few passes no PBs but I did run back to back 8.983s! And most of them were 80+ mph.

Chevy did good. Way better than my old F150 but not as good on the hills as the Cummins. I think it would make it over the mountains. The pipes are a little loud because it under load more often.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by hauen View Post
    Pre-2003 Crown Vics have boxes, post 2003 are all R&P
    Yes, the 03+ also have aluminum cradles..
    We swap them out for earlier steel ones with boxes.
    Got a Lincoln for the cradle and the PO had been driving it dry.. Took 2 hits and no longer turned.
    R&P do not take hits well..

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied
    Pre-2003 Crown Vics have boxes, post 2003 are all R&P

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    they've been short belting Fox's since pretty much day one... never heard of a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    This is a rack and pinion. Are the different? If it makes it to the end of the day Sunday I will be happy. The 87 has a.manual rack already.
    I would think so.. Should be fine.. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    This is a rack and pinion. Are the different? If it makes it to the end of the day Sunday I will be happy. The 87 has a.manual rack already.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Crown Vic boxes go bad and puke their guts without ps pump running...
    They take hit after hit with no problems once pump belt flies off, boxes quit ..

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got it back together. Sounds mean dumping out of the h-pipe. Gave it a quick wash to get the month's (or is it year's) worth of dust off. The front runners make it not to bad to turn with the belt off the ps pump.

With the street tires I am not sure I will beat the DR tI'm but maybe it will be putting more power to the ground and I can get a higher trap speed.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Bob your hind site is great! Most of the time the have about the same stuff for about the same price. I was in a hurry and the first place I don't have to turn left it get out.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    2nd trip paid for both...
    Should have went to the 2nd place first..

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Went to auto zone $22 later the sold me the wrong seals. Took them back went to Advance auto got the right ones for $7.45. I hate having to make two trips!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    roger that! They pull funny with 3 wheels worth of brakes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X