• Show
Clear All

Re: My projects... where to start!

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
    What year LSC? Which Motor?

Seth
    89 Mark 7 LSC 302 EFI roller (I think) aod trans

Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
    In the pic looks like an old drag car correct?

the 69 is an old drag car,
    the '54 is basically all stock,
    the Ranger is all street legal - the previous owner even went to the trouble to cut and fit the heater box around the passenger valve cover so the heat still works, as do all the lights, wipers, etc....
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well - tonight I took the boat back to the local trans guy who rebuilt the borg warner velvet drive for me last year.
      He mentioned that he was a bit concerned about some pitting on the input shaft, but that he'd chucked it up in a lathe and polished it with crocus cloth - - he gave me the option to replace it or have it ground/welded/ground/polished but we decided to give it a shot as is.

As Murphies law would have it - that's where it was leaking - so, we pulled the trans at his shop, and he's going to look into replacement / repair costs from there.

I towed the boat back home and parked it in the grass, then unhooked the truck and parked it in the drive.... then I decided I'd look into the squeek and wind noise issues that have been bugging me for years- just have never taken the time to look at.... well - sho nuff I found one missing trim clip on the windshield trim on the drivers side - got it replaced and "slammed" back into place... then looked into why the front of the window track on the passenger side was deformed.... turns out the plastic piece behind the rubber channel had slid down into the door allowing the channel to be pushed away from the glass..... a bit of persuasion and the plastic backer moved back up to the top of the door and the rubber channel works as it should now....

ever wonder why you live with stuff that bugs you for so long - only to find out that you could have had it fixed in 15 minutes?

We'll see how much quieter the ride to work is tomorrow.

Well - after a drive to work - the windnoise is way way better after fixing the window weather strip on the passenger side - however that annoying squeek was NOT related to the windshield trim - so - it's back to the drawing board on that one.

Comment

I think you should hit the ranger with a rustoleum paint job. If I could get down, I would help. I know a few things I would do differently, and I kind of want to try them out someday. Also, rustoleum is CHEAP!!

Comment

Let me know when you want to paint it and I'll see if I can come up and give lessons. We can do this and you CAN learn! Be happy to do that, as long as it's during warm weather.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan - I can't imagine trying to manage ventillation in my barn during the winter - what a nightmare - if we paint it will be in the warmer months for sure!

Comment

Dude you always play that Chevy down too much.
              That car is BADDDD. Now i don't know how i feel about it.
              I might just leave her be, wait till your old and the speed won't be necessary.

Very nice. ;D

Comment

Thanks Chris ;D

It is a great old cruiser - but the drivetrain is getting pretty tired - and that torque tube just SUX!

Hey - in my pile of parts from Dan - I have a set of I6 split headers - do you have a use for them in your build?

They are a bit rusty - I could blast them and send them your way - they might be a good start for you to build on if nothing else....

Comment

Man that would be awesome. I do have a use for those.
                  I was planning on scrounging for some as well as an intake at this
                  years StreetRod Nats. But yeah it's one less part to think about.
                  just let me know what's needed to get'em my way.
                  It's always cool to have stories behind all the stuff.

Yesterday i went out for a drive, and contemplated this.
                  Since everything on my build is 50+ years old, and I want to keep it that way.
                  I was thinking about using some 100+ yr old doors I have. One is a two panel the other
                  Four. I've got like 8 total under the guise of an addition to my old house 86 yrs old (also the one I'm moving from).
                  Anyway thought it might make a nice dash and some interior trim pieces.At this point anything
                  Cheap, and with a story behind, works great. :D

So...make up one bout them headers, we'll add it to the tale. ;)

Comment

real wood in a car like this at least for the dash is totally righteous... especially if it's a really cool wood like mahogany or walnut - stuff you just don't see much anymore but they used allot 100 years ago.

The biggest challenge with the headers will be finding a box they fit in that won't put them in the oversize cost arena.

While you're hunting for intakes - I'm looking for a heated 4v intake for the 292, the clifford from Dan rocks, but isn't heated - so, it's either tig weld something to it (hint hint Dave) or swap it for a different one.

As far as a story - so far they've gone from NC to Detroit thanks to guys on this forum - and they'll eventually be headed your way!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                      real wood in a car like this at least for the dash is totally righteous... especially if it's a really cool wood like mahogany or walnut - stuff you just don't see much anymore but they used allot 100 years ago.

The biggest challenge with the headers will be finding a box they fit in that won't put them in the oversize cost arena.

While you're hunting for intakes - I'm looking for a heated 4v intake for the 292, the clifford from Dan rocks, but isn't heated - so, it's either tig weld something to it (hint hint Dave) or swap it for a different one.

As far as a story - so far they've gone from NC to Detroit thanks to guys on this forum - and they'll eventually be headed your way!
                      Langdon's sells a heat plate that will bolt to the bottom of the Offy 4bbl intake (at least.) The Offy's go on Ebay for about $180 +/-.
                      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                      X