Remy's '81 Mirada CMX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great news, Glad its coming together!

Shoot me a text so I can get your number right, I tried geting ahold of you monday but I think I sent it to the wrong number
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Haley met the Mirada. And the big red bitch decided to play Christine.

Next updates:stronger rear leafs and possibly a shackle kit. I'm gonna find this on-again-off-again lifter tick if it kills me...I already swapped out the valve train shafts ad rods. And the frontend is gonna get opened up...something feels wrong in there. I'm seriously contemplating this car's future existence...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Lifter tick: someone forgot the custom length pushrods. Front end thumping, the freakin' inner fender. Two down...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Bryan keep plugging away brother .... we were all where you are, and eventually the bugs get worked out.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
            Lifter tick: someone forgot the custom length pushrods. Front end thumping, the freakin' inner fender. Two down...
            Trade ya my oil leaker for your too short of push rod problem.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Would rather have too short a rod than a leaking problem.

Comment

Would rather have too short a rod than a leaking problem.
                that's not what she said

**rimshot**

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I have internet again. I'm BACK, bitches!!!!

A month and half, and the Mirada has been slowly coming together. It's had issues, but I've been daily driving it and roadtripping it, and it looks good for when I bring it down to Arizona at the end of summer. Most of the remaining issues are minor, such as the seatbelts trying to strangle me (I'm thinking belt bar and harnesses soon), a height adjustment (either nose down or ass up, something) and let's not forget trying to make this thing look less like it just got pulled from the weeds...

On the 4th of July I decided to test out it's long-range driving with a trip to the Canadian border. Since I don't hold a passport, that's the furthest I got, so no harassing the Canucks, but the trip there was awesome.

In Blaine, WA, I had just missed a car show, but I did find these two...

Comment

• Yesterday, I made an attempt to fix the damn dash lights again. I gutted the gauge cluster out of the car and checked and cleaned every damn contact possible, checked and added grounds...

...nothing. I did manage to fix the interior lights and removed the old factory amp in the center speaker section, a weight savings of about 25 lbs.

I also managed to fix, of all things, the door/start/seatbelt chime. Oddly enough, that is pretty cool to me...
                    Last edited by BangShift McT; July 7, 2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Does your dash cluster have the little plastic bulb holders without wires attached? If so, the problem is most likely with the cluster. If you can verify that you have power coming from the light switch to the dash harness plug and the ground wire is there and functioning, I'd check to see if there is juice getting the bulbs. If not, the tabs on the plug may not be making contact. Otherwise your wire tape has failed. Though, I've never seen one where not one bulb was not working. Mostly, one part of the tape wire burned out.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• You sure the voltage regulator for the instrument cluster is ok........

Comment

• Originally posted by TC View Post
                          You sure the voltage regulator for the instrument cluster is ok........
                          Excellent point! I don't know crap about Mopars, but my Thunderbird has a cluster voltage regulator that creates all sorts of weirdness when they get flaky. Mine has been tempermental. Though on the Ford I don't believe controls dash lights as it get's a full 12v straight from the light switch, don't know about Mopar though.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              Excellent point! I don't know crap about Mopars, but my Thunderbird has a cluster voltage regulator that creates all sorts of weirdness when they get flaky. Mine has been tempermental. Though on the Ford I don't believe controls dash lights as it get's a full 12v straight from the light switch, don't know about Mopar though.

mine had one of those stupid things. replaced it and I still had the same problem...I ended up creating a new ground for each light..all my standard gounds checked good so i couldnt figure out WTF, I would ground the lights and they would work...stupid mopars....
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Anyone ever notice how he walks just like a sasquatch? Just saying.........

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X