• Re: My 409/'55 Chevy Project

merry CHRISTMAS to all of you there thom :D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      He's right .........you couldn't build it for what
      he's asking
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom, your project is looking great! I love that transmission. I was getting some exhaust work done on my 69 RR and these were over there, yes, 5 sedans and 2 wagons all at the same place. I was having a flash back. Thought I would post for entertainment purposes only.Enjoy

Comment

Hey NAS.............I spent the other nite going through
          your project thread and enjoyed every post.

Great pics of the Shoeboxes.....most all are post cars and
          the utility wagon is cool.

Thanks for postin up.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

nice 55s .....NAS

Comment

Hay Monk this is for you
              this is my dad's good friend Bill's 32 chevy he built when he was 14 it is mopar pink with candy over it and has not been touched since it was built other then freshing the engine and it is a 4 speed with 57 olds rear and the w block is not a 348 or 409!!

Comment

Z11 427?
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                  Z11 427?
                  you are correct he built it when he was 14 in the mid sixties I talked to him last night
                  he says it has not been out since that pic 3 years ago but he is retireing so he can drive his toys .
                  HE also has a 62 olds starfire convert with the 394 with the nascar parts in it
                  a 62 impala 22 with a 409 and a 4 speed
                  a 82 s-10 with a mini blown small block with inglases
                  etc...... he has toys

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
                    Hay Monk this is for you
                    this is my dad's good friend Bill's 32 chevy he built when he was 14 it is mopar pink with candy over it and has not been touched since it was built other then freshing the engine and it is a 4 speed with 57 olds rear and the w block is not a 348 or 409!!
                    Ansen wheels and that paint job.......classic
                    but a Z11.....that pretty friggin awesome!

Foxcraft shifter!
                    ;D

Did he say how he was able to score that motor?
                    Thom

Comment

he worked with my father at Mernan Chevrolet
                      If you read the thread I just started on my 67 they had an "in " at the warehouse and being the tonawanda engine plant was 5 minutes away they had all sorts of good stuff go through there

I was told by them guys how they went to see there budy at the warehouse one day and there was new 350hp 327 lined up on the loading dock and they were told to destroy them they were smashing holes in the sides of the blocks with a sledge hammer MAKES ME SICK lol

Comment

Hey Thom, I've been following along...love it but gotta know. Are you going to leave it in primer or paint it? Looks great in primer!

Your car reminds me of a 55 that my brother was interested in in the late 60's. It was about a block away. The rear wheel wells were cut like your but had a very tired and smokey 265. Ah, the good old days.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

It's in hot rod primer and plan on keeping it that way.

Interior is being fashioned after the Solo Speed Shop car.
                          Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                            It's in hot rod primer and plan on keeping it that way.

Interior is being fashioned after the Solo Speed Shop car.
                            I hope it's epoxy because the other primers are not sealers and only hold so much water before causing rust.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It's a single stage urethane that has a flat finish
                              Sort of a cool looking finish.......and reminds me of
                              our cars back in the 60's.
                              Thom

Comment

Well, if you've been reading my thread you know I've had to take
                                most the holidays off.......man I am not looking forward to retirement!

It's been cold as the dickens........I get the garage warmed up to a
                                toasty 60 degrees and go to work.

Got the man peddle installed.
                                Normally a 30 minute install but the shoebox had the new
                                under dash wipers....great for added room in the engine bay
                                but a pain in the ass under dash.
                                Had to unbolt the assembly and move it to the side to get
                                the peddle in.

Found evidence car started it's life as a three peddle car when
                                I installed spring and return pad.

Put in the 500 steering box which will give me some added space
                                for headers.

And my Rat Fink buddy Mr. C painted up my battery box.... Smoke
                                will like this addition.

Going by engine shop Monday on the way out of town......I am hoping for
                                a dyno date soon.....man I am ready for this thing to fire up!

I've done about all I need to do until engine install.

Man Peddle

500 Steering Box

Monk Special Battery Box

Thom

Comment

Working...
                                X