• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Impala_in_shop_cropped.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1109439 Well this is embarrassing, no posts since 3/13. Since that time i have relocated to SC with my job and have had the Impala
    in storage at my parents in GA. I had a shop built when we bought our house, but I had to finish the interior. That took a
    little longer that anticipated, but it is finished and today the Impala moved into it's new home.

Comment

It's summer, get it out and drive it!!
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Still not running. All the big stuff is done and I hope to get it going before too much longer. I'll try to remember
        to take pictures as I go.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe I've been in SC for four years. Worse yet I can't believe this car is still not finished. I have finally finished up some big home related projects and
          am going to make a sincere effort to get this car on the road. I put new tires on some rally wheels I had to replace the mismatched and leaky tires it had. I was
          concerned about the stance since I had cut a coil out of the front springs but I'm real happy with the way it turned out.

Comment

I had cleaned the original radiator out last year and found some pin holes, I didn't want to spring for a new one so gave repair my best shot. I came up with a contraption
            for pressurizing the radiator to 14 psi, which is what the cap is rated at, and used some JB weld to seal the holes. I think it will be ok.

Comment

I purchased a Magnaflow exhaust system and started trying to get it fitted up. I put the car up on some risers to facilitate the installation, also makes it easier to
              measure for the driveshaft and finish up some brake details.

Comment

I put my build up on risers just like these and they worked out awesome. A little bit of a pain if you need to remove a wheel but for building exhaust they are the best .

Comment

Worked on installing a Magnaaflow system for the Impala this week, I knew it would not be just a bolt-on but some decent instructions
                  would have been nice, the ones included were horrible. Had to fab up the connection between the headers and the kit, it came out pretty
                  decent. probable as good as I'm capable of producing. The risers were a good idea, made this much easier.
                  Last edited by ImpalaSam; July 6, 2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Serious effort being made to drive this car!! Work done over the last year has been huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLg...ature=youtu.be
                    Last edited by ImpalaSam; August 5, 2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Fire in the hole!

That's really exciting after they've been still for so long... congratulations.
                      Last edited by Beagle; August 5, 2020, 11:15 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by ImpalaSam View Post
                        Serious effort being made to drive this car!! Work done over the last year has been huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLg...ature=youtu.be
                        Sounds great! I have one of these coming up when I dig the 'Stang out of the back corner of the shop, change all the fluids and fire him up for the first time in - I dunno - 12 years or so. That has to feel great!

Dan

Comment

Did a complete rewire on the car, installed an AAW classic update kit, my first big wiring job, it was time consuming and tedious but not
                          horrible. Here is a clunky video of me and my son checking my work. I need to work on my video skills.

Comment

Well it finally happened, I drove the Impala this past Saturday, it was somewhat surreal to be driving it after all these years of working on it.
                            Seems no matter what I was doing to it there was always something left to do but I stayed after it and got everything on the list marked off.
                            There are still some little details left to sort out and it needs a front end alignment but everything seems to work and it drove fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FIRST_DRIVE.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1278852

Comment

Most excellent! Those are pretty cars.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X