Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bamfster's Chevelle, the History & Coming Attractions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Pipes? ... I do now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (10).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	869339

Flowmaster 3" .... now to get 'em hung!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Those look really nice - it's not easy to get bends that tight in 3" tube with no runs drips or errors - tail pipes should really help quiet your interior down.

I'm not sure what the cost / hassle factor is - but what about wrapping the headers and the primary pipes back a few feet?

Shields can turn into a rattling noise making hassle.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Pipes are hung ....

Attached Files
        Last edited by Bamfster; April 19, 2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Oh yea .... give me some ideas on what to use for vapor barriers on the doors ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
            Oh yea .... give me some ideas on what to use for vapor barriers on the doors ....
            Can't you just use a heavy plastic and an adhesive like liquid nails?

If the Home Depot stuff is not thick enough for you, use an above ground pool liner.
            Last edited by 91CCFirebird; April 19, 2013, 05:28 PM.
            Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

• The tailpipes are hung over the axle with care with hopes that everyone in town be able to hear....
              Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 20, 2013, 05:23 PM.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Pipes are hung ....

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird View Post
                Can't you just use a heavy plastic and an adhesive like liquid nails?

If the Home Depot stuff is not thick enough for you, use an above ground pool liner.
                Fish pond liner... It's a rubber membrae.. Resists poking ..

Comment

• Pool liner .... stuff is way expensive and finding someone to sell a limited quantity for what I need would probably be next to impossible.

Bob tell me more about pond liner, as to where I can find it (HD/Lowes/other home imp stores?).

I was also thinking of using the rubber liner used when pouring your own shower pan .... but again, its pretty pricey for the limit amount that I'd need.

Comment

Pool liner .... stuff is way expensive and finding someone to sell a limited quantity for what I need would probably be next to impossible.

Bob tell me more about pond liner, as to where I can find it (HD/Lowes/other home imp stores?).

I was also thinking of using the rubber liner used when pouring your own shower pan .... but again, its pretty pricey for the limit amount that I'd need.
                    Last time I bought that, it was sold by the foot. ...and it's pretty thick.

You could get a box of contractor trash bags - just buy the heaviest mil they offer ( 5 mil or heavier). What you don't use for your doors, you can use around the house and yard. Some of the newer vehicles I've been inside the doors of (installing speakers or whatnot) - it seems like they used some plastic about that thick and used some sort of goo to hold it in place similar to butyl tape that the mom and pop parts stores keep around for installing windshields - or a few dabs of good adhesive caulk would probably do the trick.

Comment

Pool liner .... stuff is way expensive and finding someone to sell a limited quantity for what I need would probably be next to impossible.

I was thinking you could ask for samples of the pool liner

They have 8 mil plastic at Home Depot that would work great.
                      Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

• So does anyone have any thoughts on these seats from summit?:

I have the standard 1980s jaz seats in there now. I'll be adding swing outs to the side bars, and I want a bit more comfort when driving. I know cheap isn't always best, but I also know the most expensive isn't always the best. Give me some ideas guys ....

Comment

• The car wont start. Fuel isnt moving from tank to carb. There is some gas in the tank, but not much. I ran to the gas station with my gas can. I am going to bust out the compressor and blow the lines first. Not positive if the fuel pump is pumping. I did remove the feed line and it was dry. I removed the line at the tank and only a dribble. Gas gauge reads 1/4 tank. It has always been accurate.
                          Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 21, 2013, 02:51 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            The car wont start. Fuel isnt moving from tank to carb. There is some gas in the tank, but not much. I ran to the gas station with my gas can. I am going to bust out the compressor and blow the lines first. Not positive if the fuel pump is pumping. I did remove the feed line and it was dry. I removed the line at the tank and only a dribble. Gas gauge reads 1/4 tank. It has always been accurate.
                            Um, Scott: Did you post this in the wrong thread? You were messing with your fuel system in your thread, then this post pops up in Bamfsters thread...
                            Is there a ghost in the machine, or am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                              Um, Scott: Did you post this in the wrong thread? You were messing with your fuel system in your thread, then this post pops up in Bamfsters thread...
                              Is there a ghost in the machine, or am I missing something?
                              OOOPS! I think that's what happened ....

Comment

• Leave me alone. I am trying to post these updates while on our freeways. LA just beat out Honolulu for worst traffic again.

Not sure how this happened. I will blame Chad. He is the computer geek here. Its not my fault. Nuh huh.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X