Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bamfster's Chevelle, the History & Coming Attractions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
    So does anyone have any thoughts on these seats from summit?:

I have the standard 1980s jaz seats in there now. I'll be adding swing outs to the side bars, and I want a bit more comfort when driving. I know cheap isn't always best, but I also know the most expensive isn't always the best. Give me some ideas guys ....
    Damn, Was just at summit they have those seats for $75 in the clearance area.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• They only list them in beige on website on clearance, and they're only marked down to 120 each there....

Oh well
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• I like Scat Procars better.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Those are the scat procars ....

Comment

• I kinda like these too, but no pass-thru for the shoulder harness.

Comment

• Check out the seats I have.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• What are they out of or who's are they? I like the cloth/vinyl combo.

Comment

What are they out of or who's are they? I like the cloth/vinyl combo.
                  Mine are Scat procars. They look more like muscle car seats. Black vinyl, very comfortable. I have a pic in my thread from about one year ago. My backpack rode shot gun sown Decker Canyon and didnt move.

One other option is there now a company that builds more track ready seats using stock bucket seat frames. They look stock, but provide far more bolstering. About $350 ea. I saw their ads.in mags a couple months back.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Pool liner .... stuff is way expensive and finding someone to sell a limited quantity for what I need would probably be next to impossible.

Bob tell me more about pond liner, as to where I can find it (HD/Lowes/other home imp stores?).

I was also thinking of using the rubber liner used when pouring your own shower pan .... but again, its pretty pricey for the limit amount that I'd need.
                    Most places around here that sell back yard ponds for Koi fish (we have about 12-16 foot long fancy goldfish)
                    They sell it by the foot from 10 ft wide up to 20 ft wide... Makes digging a hole in he ground and lining it a snap.
                    Don't think Lowes or HD carry them.. Look under fish ponds or fish
                    Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 24, 2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• I got all of the misc holes in the floor patched this morning. Thinking about trying my hand at a console w/some type of drink holder and a place for the iPod. I ordered the first seats I posted above, along with the side bar swing outs and a set of body mount bushings.....making progress.

Comment

• The brown truck stopped by yesterday ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (12).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	869684

These come with sliders and are full reclining too ... guess I didn't realize that when I ordered them ... BONUS!

Now if we could just get out of this snow pattern .... yea, it's May 1st, 30* outside and snowing

Comment

• Sorry about the snow. Though people seem to have a memory problem when it comes it. My big sister's birthday is mid May and I remember one of her birthday parties had suddenly become indoors because of snow.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• We typically have snow thru April, May is more rain. I do remember one July when I was young, a freak snow storm hitting. It melted as soon as it hit the ground, but none the less, it snowed in July.

Comment

• We missed the snow this time, but the last two mornings have been in the high-teens 5 out of the 7 Memorial Weekends I've been here in Ely have had snow, and two of the 4th of July's, lol.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Cut the side bars and started fitting the swing-outs this morning, finished up the trans tunnel "hole" and built the new shifter bracket. Pics will have to come tomorrow, got a class to teach this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X