Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bamfster's Chevelle, the History & Coming Attractions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, still jealous.

I wonder if you can get foam strips in 1/2" x 1/2" thickness to glue inside the cup part that could hole a smaller cup or a can while still compressing enough to stick a big drink in there?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• That size was kind of a compromise for the space i had to work with ... it fits regular old water bottles and 12 oz cans with about a 1/4" to spare. I do have some of those foam cozy's that may work inside of there as well. My daily use coffee cup fits as well so that's a bonus.

Oh yea, a cost break down ...

24X24 in aluminum sheet .... $15
      2) abs black pipe adapters ....$12
      'glass resin ..........................$10
      small can 3m adhesive .........$7
      misc screws/tape .................$4

The bed sheet was in the rag pile, the lightweight carpet was left over from when I made my dash cover and rear package tray years ago.
      Last edited by Bamfster; May 25, 2013, 08:11 AM.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• And here is the finished product .... installed

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (19).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	870191

Comment

• Nice! Reminds me I don't have a cup holder.
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Holy CRAP .... its been almost 3 years since I posted on this thread ...

Well here's the BIG news: the chevelle hasn't changed any ... it has sat in the garage for the better part of the last 2 summers. We took it to a few cruises and the kids have been known to take it to the track every now and then. All in all I kinda lost interest in it .... the thought has even crossed my mind of letting her go to a new home....I really want a trail rig ...

Last summer on the way home from a Golden Cruise, a punk kid in a jeep rear ended me ... slight buckle in pass side 1/4, pushed in tail light panel, and destroyed the 'glass back bumper .... and get this ... he didn't have insurance. It's all fixed now, but still I didn't enjoy working on it anymore.

As far as me, I've started a new career (again) and now momma and i are looking at getting out of the city for good.

Comment

• I understand the offroad enjoyment... I went from my Buick to my Corvette to this
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Here's the one I have my eye on:

Comment

• nice, he has a dollar or two in that. I like the upgrades - best the RCV axles have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty...

Comment

• I looked at it last weekend, it really is well done. We both are thinking about workingout a trade deal ... we'll see what happens

Comment

• good luck, from his ad he sounds like he's going to build a next-level rig (which is where mine is in relation). For you, it's a really well built (and no death wobble) first-step-serious wheeler. I like how it all fits together. If you were to put more hp or bigger tires on it, you'd have to change pretty much everything - but for what it is, very well thought out and done.

Comment

• He actually wants a classic muscle car. He's impressed with the way the chevelle runs, and basically wants to turn it into a super nice street/show car.

Comment

• Not surprising at all, you have a cool Chevelle.

Comment

• 30 years and kicking her to the curb.Someone had to say it.LOL.Neat looking Jeep.Good luck with the deal.

Comment

• Thought you would be proud Don ... It's a mopar after all

Comment

• I showed Jean the Jeep pic. We agree it looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X