Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bamfster's Chevelle, the History & Coming Attractions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bamfster's Chevelle, the History & Coming Attractions ...

Dan,

I'm sure we have crossed paths at some point. I think I'm a little older than you at 45. I lived in Aurora back in the day so we hit Century 21 for weekend street racing as well as South Broadway, West Colfax and Bandimere. Lots of '68s running around at that time so while I don't remember yours exactly I DO remember seeing that plate and then I remembered the car. I just KNEW that BAMF plate was on more than one car. Funny how stuff like stays in the mind after all these years. The car I cruised most back in the day was my '70 Buick GS 455 which I still have. I bought when I was 17 in 1982. A completely invisible car to cruise in back then. Zero attention getter. Great sleeper though! With the family and all I rarely get out with it at all these days. Now that I have a little more time with the kids getting older I hope to hit the drags again and put some highway miles under her. I just hit the Golden cruise for the first time on the 4th of July weekend. Great scene! Hope to make that again next month. I was told that event happens the first weeekend of every month. True?

Steve weim55 Colorado

Comment

Yesterday Stewie and I went racing, it was the 7th King Street race and the USP Street Car Shootout. I flat got beat in the 1st round of K/S and lost in 3rd round of the shootout with a .007 breakout. It was super windy with a 15-25 mph tailwind, gusting to 35ish. I guess I didn't guess good enough eh?

What a great day hanging out with my oldest son, cracking off jokes and just bs ing about life in general, he's a great kid and a wonderful friend. It was a GREAT day of racing!!!

Here's a pic I had the track photographer take:

Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sounds like a good day out Dan !!
        Yesterday's pic shows more front end lift and less smoke than your byline pic.

Different track with better traction yesterday ?

Comment

Sig pic is a burnout pic Steve ... same track etc

Comment

DOH !!!
            :P

Comment

Sounds like a perfect day to me, minus winning the trophy.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I got a new video camera last weekend and finally figured out how to upload the vids so here are a couple from last weekend ...

Hope this works!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Dan, I enjoyed them.
                  But what were you doing while filming ..... jumping rope ?
                  :D

Anyhow, I checked out your other vids and also enjoyed this one, starting up the Camaro.
                  Very nice stable !!
                  ;D

Comment

OK ... need some opinions here. I'm getting close to starting the conversion to EFI, even though I don't feel like I know enough about it yet. I figure the best way is to jump in head first and work thru it and deal with and figure out the pitfalls as I go.

Now here's where I need some input and it's actually pretty basic....

Will a custom sheet metal intake have any benefit over the victor jr that's on the engine now? Cost is not an object since my "sponsor" has a lot of experience building them and is willing to donate the materials and time to stitch one together.

I think the sheet metal would look super bitchin' under the hood, and I'm sure it would flow a ton more air. But is too much air possible?

Also, what are some opinions on injector sizing for this motor?

Comment

My non-racing experience and then thoughts on this is that with multiport EFI is you can't have too much air. Let the valve/cam determine how much air you are going to get then use the fuel injectors to add the appropriate amount of fuel to hit the appropriate AFR.

Have you seen Jeff's ridiculously high cfm'd small block? ;D
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

And out of the few books I have studied, I have yet to find a definitive location for injector placement. This begs the question: Is close good enough? or is there a minimum and a maximum distance they can be from the intake valve?

Comment

Scott and Matt probably have better insight with real data, but... From what I've gathered, for lower rpm and daily driving type activity closer to the valve is probably better to keep AFR lag and wall wetting down. For mostly upper rpm operation higher up may have some benefits. All in all though you have to be really looking for each and every last HP for it to seriously matter. I see plenty of real high HP engines with the injectors located in the intake just above the head. iirc, Jeff's and CDMBill's aren't located about where I'd expect them to be at the base of the intake runners. Good enough for them, good enough for ME!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Now ... what about the throttle bodies?

Remember, LOW BUCK!..... Playing around and searching the net for upgrades for the Yukon, I found these:

I wonder if 2 of these, on a sheet metal tunnel ram would work? I've been talking with them, I got this response from them

"We can reach a 77mm bore on the 350V. This allows them to flow 720 CFM @ 15" water column."

Not that I think I need 1440 CFM, but the price may be right comparing different aftermarket throttle bodies. How about 2 rebuilt J/Y units?

EFI guys, tell me why it will or will not work.....

Comment

Bump for Chad so he can find this thread .... LOL

Comment

You suck.

I did every f...ing search I could and somehow couldn't find it.

Like I said, you suck. But we still love you.
                                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                                X