Sharpie Car II Corvette Project for HRPT 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpie Car II Corvette Project for HRPT 2010

We are just going to clean it up and go through the drive train....Things like wheel bearings, brakes, shocks, new tires, U-joints, bla..bla...bla...

Then the engine smokes since it sat for 15 yrs... Have not checked compression yet so could just be valve seals.....Runs nice and had a new clutch and pressure plate just before it was parked. All seems O.K. but we are gonna pull the trans and make sure all is O.K. there.

We will keep posting our progress over the winter.

Re: Sharpie Car II Corvette Project for HRPT 2010

what is that? a 73?
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Looks wicked! I like those rims too.
      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
        what is that? a 73?
        It started life as a 72....Has been crashed and fixed. They put a 73 nose back on it. Is factory 4 speed car small HP 350 #s do not match.. The car sat in a shed for 15-16 yrs .....We took it on trade for balance due on a race trailer we sold.

We did not know what we were gonna do with it until a couple of Corvette Jerks moved from beside our Sharpie car nova at the KY stop HRPT 2009 and made some rude remarks about our JUNK being beside their NICE stuff.

With-in 10 minutes Celeste and I had the plan for Sharpie Car Corvette 2010......

Comment

I LIKE you guys!! Good use of one of those.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by rack4u
            We did not know what we were gonna do with it until a couple of Corvette Jerks moved from beside our Sharpie car nova at the KY stop HRPT 2009 and made some rude remarks about our JUNK being beside their NICE stuff.
            With-in 10 minutes Celeste and I had the plan for Sharpie Car Corvette 2010......
            Nice !!
            ;D

And Corvette owners wonder why they have such an undeserved "bad" reputation.
            :P

I believe I can say this for all other Hot Rod Power Tour participants, that this type of behavior is not in the true spirit of what the Power Tour is about.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              Nice !!
              ;D

I believe I can say this for all other Hot Rod Power Tour participants, that this type of behavior is not in the true spirit of what the Power Tour is about.
              X2 They were probably part of the "Power Chair Tour". The hurry and get to the venue types. Bring it Dave and Celeste and I will happily thumb my nose at those folks.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I say do it and enjoy
                ya ever notice most {not all} corvette owners act like that i built a 73 with a 360 in it and a richmond 5 speed it was candy red with pearl white motion style paint job{not a copy of a motion just that style} and a dam cool car i built for a friend and you would not imagein the coments from the corvette purest {that and that are wrong etc.. they ruined this car ... who would do this ...} i laugh at them but then i cut up a nice cherry body 57 chevy to build a gasser lol all in fun lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                  Nice !!
                  ;D

X2 They were probably part of the "Power Chair Tour". The hurry and get to the venue types. Bring it Dave and Celeste and I will happily thumb my nose at those folks.
                  Thanks Guys !

You know we are VERY secure with who we are and what we are about !

The Signatures on Celeste's Nova are proof of the great fellowship and people on the HRPT !!

I am not even singling out Corvette guys, I know allot of cool Corvette owners ! These Jerks just happen to be driving Vettes

The event with them still spawned us deciding what we could do with our beater corvette ...

Comment

Nice !!
                    ;D

Thanks Guys !

You know we are VERY secure with who we are and what we are about !

The Signatures on Celeste's Nova are proof of the great fellowship and people on the HRPT !!

I am not even singling out Corvette guys, I know allot of cool Corvette owners ! These Jerks just happen to be driving Vettes

The event with them still spawned us deciding what we could do with our beater corvette ...
                    Don;t get me wrong i know a lot of guys who own vettes that are way cool but there is that crowd that thinks "I own a vette I am better then you all"lol hate it

Comment

We are just going to clean it up and go through the drive train....Things like wheel bearings, brakes, shocks, new tires, U-joints, bla..bla...bla...

Then the engine smokes since it sat for 15 yrs... Have not checked compression yet so could just be valve seals.....Runs nice and had a new clutch and pressure plate just before it was parked. All seems O.K. but we are gonna pull the trans and make sure all is O.K. there.

We will keep posting our progress over the winter.

WE are doin' all the work...Looks like im doin' the work and your talkin'.

Comment

Nice !!
                        ;D

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;D
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                          what is that? a 73?
                          It started life as a 72....Has been crashed and fixed. They put a 73 nose back on it. Is factory 4 speed car small HP 350 #s do not match.. The car sat in a shed for 15-16 yrs .....We took it on trade for balance due on a race trailer we sold.

Just point them out to me next time and I'll park my heap so close they'll have to crawl in the window to leave.

What a great car. The pipes and wheels are totally groovy. I prefer the chrome bumper cars, but for the price who cares.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This is so cool.
                            It also reinforces an idea I have of a 455 Buick powered, 5-speed, roll cage, vette just like this one ;D

There are a few very memorable cars at the power tour, your nova, the nun-runner, and a few others. I have no spacific recolection of any stock vettes :P

Comment

Just curious, are those Corvette Rally trim rings on American Daisy wheel? I never thought of a trim ring on an aluminum wheel.
                              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Working...
                              X