X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodge Resurection (Update No. 1)

RRick, weird, practically the same story on your car

Q100, I'm thinking you are right, 408 it and the car will be brutal

I'm going to go back with the OEM white, with black vinyl top. Last time I used a cheap "universal" top kit to save a few bucks, and it has a light jute backing that holds moisture and is a big mistake. Will use the OEM style material this time. I like the factory combo on this car, white with black top and red interior.

Wheels a Wheel Vintiques. When I first built it put Keystone Klassics on it, but they were only available with uni-lug pattern and the car always had a high-speed vibration, pretty bad... Tried everything to fix that and finally did fix it with a set of cop wheels. Here is a pic of the car at that stage, 318, 727, cop wheels.

Later added the hood and wheels and GTS stripe. Wheels are 15x7 front and 15x8 rear with 235-60 front and 255-60 rear tires. Rear fenders are rolled to fit this, and the front wheelwells are raduised at the corners. I like the 'glass hood because it is lightweight and will never go back to a steel hood on this car.

I will re-do the rear stripe but not in a sticker kit this time, will do it in paint, but without any of the GT Sport lettering, just the stripe. These last two pics were pretty much when the car was at its best.

Comment

Re: Dodge Resurection

Steve... the car looks perfect ...

I've never been a fan of the tops... but Dustin put one on that POS he brought to Drag week... we chatted about how easy it was to install and how cheap it was... he converted me .... it's something I'd consider today...

K

Comment

WIth the stripe and the stance it looks MUCH better then the granny style OEM setup. You still got a spaghetti string steeting wheel on that thing?

Comment

Stock red plastic wheel.
          -dulcich

Comment

I remember reading about the gas cap mod in Mopar muscle. Flat black the hood and drop the 318 in if you want to drive it every day. Cool car!

Comment

Re: Dodge Resurection (updated No. 1)

I got the engine bay in primer today, used Sherwin Williams NP 75 epoxy surfacer. Took it down to bare metal, using wire wheels, and Norton abrasive wheels. I will never do it this way again! It took over 2 days to get it good enough to start shooting. Usually, I sandblast, but this time I wanted to avoid messy sand getting everywhere and went this route for stripping. You can get to 70% in a few hours, but getting to 95% will take days, and you will never reach 100%. I could have masked the holy Christ out of it for blasting for the time the wheeling took to strip the bay out.

Primer went on pretty good, will dry sand with #320 and shoot color. It would be way easier to have the K-member dropped and get into the bay to shoot it. It took quite a while and a long reach to get into all the corners and upside the various flanges for full coverage. Might jump on the Orange Duster next and shoot the bay on that, doing it the efficient way.

Comment

Not bad, Steve, not bad at all. That Dart should look better in no time flat.

You just HAD to go off and mention that damned Orange Duster....any chance of selling it back/trading it off to David for a part 2? ;D

Comment

No

Comment

Re: Dodge Resurection (Update No.1)

Nice job so far. I like the stripe around the back of those cars. Seems like it should be there. Not sure about vinyl tops on anything, but if you like them, do it.

The hood seems right too.

Have you decided on a motor yet?
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

dulcich

You need to go with the big 408. I want you to be able to keep up with the wagon after the blower install!

Comment

Steve

The engine bay looks great! The engine is decision has me split just a bit. I kind of like the conventional 318, but the 408 is would be brutal!

Mike

Comment

White,black top and red guts.If that doesnt say 1969 I dont know what does.I like that combo better than the T5 Bronze and tan interior Swinger I had in high school.

Comment

Definately going with the 408, made my decision, no turning back. Here is a pic of the engine on the dyno, and the numbers. Thanks Dr. J for the Airpack, helped get some serious HP from the Magnum. The full story on the engine is in the next issue of Engine Masters Magazine.

DYNO RESULTS
                            Mopar 408 Magnum Stroker
                            SuperFlow 901 Engine Dyno
                            STP Correction Factor
                            Tested at Westech

RPM TORQUE HORSEPOWER
                            3200 491 299
                            3400 495 321
                            3600 496 340
                            3800 508 368
                            4000 509 388
                            4200 517 414
                            4400 522 438
                            4600 529 463
                            4800 532 486
                            4900 533 497
                            5000 532 506
                            5200 528 523
                            5400 522 537
                            5600 513 547
                            5800 501 553
                            6000 484 553
                            6100 477 554
                            6200 468 552

Gotta love that torque, plus the car is nitrous-equipped. Should be pretty mean once I put it together.
                            -dulcich

Comment

Car is looking great. That 408 is making serious power too. Should be a wild ride with that motor.

When your done with the body work on the Vette and the Dart I have two cars that could use your talents.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Stack 'em up, I'm rollin'
                                -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                                X