• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1965 F250 4X4, and my trusty MoonRunner

Re: My 1965 F250 4X4, and my trusty MoonRunner

Nice

LOVE BOTH VEHICLES!

great to see you here and on the FE forum - I have SO much to learn from you guys!

I just talked with livernois - they are going to sleeve my 428cj block - but I have to clean the shop up, get it on a stand and disassemble it first!

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Your F-250 is WAY cleaner than mine. Very cool. You have to love the factory mismatched bed.

Comment

Thanks guys. These two mean a lot to me. The truck has been with me for a long time. It is beginning to need a little bit of rust attention, but nothing too serious. I don't know how many people have dinged me on the mismatched bed, I tell them it is a 120" wheelbase and they had to use the old bed, where the newer ones are 115"-129". They don't believe me and think I cobbled it up.

It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. The 390 I built for has been a real trooper with the 270S and Holley Street Dominator with headers. I'll race anyone. I just get to choose the terrain. ;D

Comment

Bill
          that's cool - you pick the terrain - LOVE IT
          I look forward to learning from you guys on the FE forum - I think I may run the 280s cam in the 428 - how's the idle with your 270?

I have a soft spot for old Ford trucks.
          I spent quite a bit of time working on several with my roommate in college - he still has a beautiful '58 that he's not done anything with since the '90s - it's got a 425 olds in it!

he had several 70's trucks and one of the nicest "big" broncos I've seen - we spent many a late night working on that thing while "taking a break from studying"

I'll never forget the night we went into the gravel pit with his '73 highboy -- I didn't realize a 6000lb 4x4 truck could fly with such ease!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I did not know that Ford used the 58-60 style bed as late as 65! I had a 63 like that. Got way tried of all the " you bed etc" comments. I have a 63 unibody in my field rotting away, nobody wants it! Nice stuff 8)

Comment

I dig 'em both. That truck reminds me of family camping trips when I was a kid. And that is one sweet galaxy as well.

Comment

Working...
              X