60 CHevy truck is back...almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 CHevy truck is back...almost

My 60 Chevy truck is almost back on the road after a 3.5 year absence. The truck was a daily driver for 5 years before that. It was t-boned square in the front driverside tire by a scared geriatric woman with one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas. I know it's cliche, but that's what happened. At the time it had a Vortec headed 383, 7004r, power steering and disc brakes, and a recovered seat. It also had a ton of bondo, black primer which had turned gray, and generally wasn't in good shape. Getting forced off the road for a frame off resto-mod was probably the best thing that could have happend to the truck.

It's close to back on the road, and it's a whole lot nicer this time. It's got AC(using the factory controls) a ton of Dynamat, a freshly rebuilt seat, a decent stereo(don't cringe, it's all hidden) same Vortec headed motor and 700r4, new posi rear, custom Wilwood brakes(again, hidden behind Moon discs), and in general is the kind of truck that you want to drive anywhere.

It feels good to be this close to done, but it also feels strange to think about not waking up on Saturday with a sense of purpose to go to the garage and get things done. If my shop were school, I'd have a degree. Bonus points to anyone who knows where I stole that line. I'll post before and after pics if anyone is interested.

Re: 60 CHevy truck is back...almost

Come on man post them pictures...sounds like a nice truck you have there
    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Working...
    X