Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '71 Fury Gran Coupe

Originally posted by antmnte
    The rallys look kinda cool on there. You can see thm on there if you look up those old Rapid transit ads
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Heres a neat video I found a couple weeks ago. Very similar color to mine, exept its a '70 Sport Fury. We'll see if that cool paisly top makes it through the paint job...
    After seeing this, thats why the wheel skirts had to go. So maybe rallys, we'll see what kind of a deal I can get on the trim rings and caps, because they are $$$.

Comment

I just noticed you have the "bucket" seats, which always adds class to a coupe, in my opinion. Your interior looks excellent. I love that elegance, especially with the paisley pattern. Reminds me also of the Cadillacs and Lincolns of that era.
      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Sorry no pics this update, but I will take some of whats been going on when I go back outside later.

I changed out the shocks, and as for this car being so damn big there wasn't a lot of room to get a wrench and an impact gun up in there. The new shocks weren't made in the USA so I bitched a fit to the guys at Napa and they discounted them, I dont mind using over seas parts as a last resort but you guys know how times are, USA is my first choice.

The shocks dropped the ass end of the car about 2.5 inches. Talk about an instant lowering kit, the car rides alot nicer too, and actually does better burnouts now that the shocks aren't making it hop.

I ripped apart my dash installing the factory AM/FM radio, im not a Mopar guru or anything but I know its not going to fit, so I left the dash apart temporarily. My dash is a curved Dash, and this new one is for a flat dash. I tried swapping bezels and said its not worth it to me right now. I pulled it apart checked the guts, everything looks nice inside like the seller said, im going to bench test it and put it on ebay.

So... im leaving my dash apart right now. Because I ordered up a small 150 watt 12v 2 channel motor cycle amp, and some new 4x10 speakers. The amp is like fit in your hand small. Im going to mount the speakers in the stock locations, and im going to hide the amp under the dash somewhere. The amp is going to get the factory radio power wire, with an inline fuse, and the amp is going to power the 2 speakers. I'll use the RCA input on the amp to run directly off an Ipod/Walkmen/Sattellite Radio/Laptop what ever I can score to make tunes cheap.
        The ash tray is big enough for me to drill a hole and make a holder for an Ipod or a portable satellite radio. I should have everything is the mail this week and a full write up on that this weekend. It will be plenty loud because of all the sound deadening my car has.
        Im also going to wire in a 3 way switch, for the NOS underdash 8 track I won on ebay. So it will be OFF/Ipod/8track. I like having options.
        I have to leave my stock AM radio out to get to the front 4x10 speaker, so its going to wait to go back in.

On a plus note, when I was under the dash it looks like your looking at a brand new car, boy is it nice to not be working on a roach for once.

Remy-Z is supposed to be workout something with me on some MUCH needed 4 barrel parts. I cant wait for that upgrade.

I talk to much anyway, more progressing coming soon.

Comment

That was a really cool find! My buddy Butch in KY or he's over on moparts.com also, can't think of his user name but when I drove my Roadrunner to KY I stopped by Butch's place for a tour and a ride in his Fury. He also has a 70 on the back burner. His car has NOS Paisley top and interior. If you want to contact him I will try to find his info. Here's some pics of his stuff. I'm sure he won't mind.

61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Originally posted by NAS Backyard
            That was a really cool find! My buddy Butch in KY or he's over on moparts.com also, can't think of his user name but when I drove my Roadrunner to KY I stopped by Butch's place for a tour and a ride in his Fury. He also has a 70 on the back burner. His car has NOS Paisley top and interior. If you want to contact him I will try to find his info. Here's some pics of his stuff. I'm sure he won't mind.
            I know Butch from cbodydrydock.com, he is an awesome guy!

Comment

I got the full wheel openings on today, it doesnt look too amazing in the pictures but in person they really help the over all look of the quarter. Im usually the first guy to de-chrome my car, so its nice having good trim to begin with.

I also took some windows down pictures, hardtops look great with the glass down.

Heres my "New" car under the dash, nicest original fuse box ive ever seen.

Comment

Not a whole lot done these last few weeks, after procrastinating for the last few weeks I picked up a 4 barrel manifold from Remy-Z today, and am getting everything thing I need to install it. I just need an egr block off plate, edelbrock mopar linkage adapter and a new air cleaner. I got the proper kick downstuff already.

The manifolds going in the blaster in the next few days and its going to get some fresh paint and all the threads cleaned and chased.

I got my amp installed this week finnally, so I have tunes again. This is the first car Ive had thats had a working radio in about 5 years. Im going to post how I did that pretty soon. Its funny how this time of year gets all hectic and stuff. Still looking for a set of wheels, I think i want to hold out for some chrysler road wheels or some Torque Thrusts, we'll see...

Happy holidays everyone.

Comment

Is that a rebuild, og Original HEMI car?

I liked it... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bead-lock

Is that a rebuild, og Original HEMI car?

I liked it... ;)
                    Oh, oh, oh, oh............oh dear.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have seen that Hemi Fury on Moparts.Its not an original Hemi car.440 was the biggest engine option in those Furys.

But what an awesome neat car.... 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                        I have seen that Hemi Fury on Moparts.Its not an original Hemi car.440 was the biggest engine option in those Furys.

Butch's car(the one in question) was a 383 car. Regardless of its heritage its an awesome car. I was always under the impression you could of got a Hemi in a Fury untill '70. Im pretty sure its listed as an option until atleast '70.

Comment

Originally posted by spity
                          Originally posted by Blazerteam

Butch's car(the one in question) was a 383 car. Regardless of its heritage its an awesome car. I was always under the impression you could of got a Hemi in a Fury untill '70. Im pretty sure its listed as an option until atleast '70.
                          There was maybe listed a Hemi for the Fury,but none got produced.There was a loooong thread at Moparts on this thing.In the 67 Ford Fullsize shop manual,there are actually listed the suffix numbers for teh 427 SOHC 4v and 8 v..none produced there either...But both the Fury Hemi and the 67 Ford SOHC would have been killerr collector cars today,if produced.

I really like the 69-71 Plymouths and Chryslers.A friend had a similar to yours many years ago.Its still around.

Comment

I had a lead on one of these years ago, a neighbor had a very solid green one with a 383, Paisley green interior and a black vinyl roof...400 bones...but it got sold before I could come back with the money...now that I think about it it may have been a new yorker...equily as cool IMO...
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                            X